Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do longhairs need a new forum?

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Do longhairs need a new forum?

Before I go any further, I just want to say that everybody has a right to do what they want with their own hair, and I have worn and can appreciate a wide variety of hairstyles, from buzzcut to hip.
    However,
    With all the pro-short-hair threads that seem to have invaded a long-hair forum, I personally feel that the community has suffered. Everyone is trying to be nice and supporting to everyone- and we all know the world needs more kindness and love- but it feels like the forum has been diluted down to more generally hair focused place, and it lacks the feeling of being a social refuge that it once had.
    I'm not trying to offend anyone who likes or wears short-hair, but short hair is not why I joimed this forum, and I feel like all the longhairs we could learn from are fading away and going elsewhere because of the overcrowding.

Pixie 2015 ~ TBL 2020 ~ ​Ear 2021 ~ Knee 2030?

Default Re: Do longhairs need a new forum?

How do you define short?

And your signature says you started at pixie and are currently at waist. Should your growth related questions, awkward stage related questions, and so forth have been barred, even banned, until you reached waist length? Takes a lot of care to grow that long, tips and tricks are helpful for all, even when they're not as long as you.

But are you really a long hair? I mean, it's just arbitrary, right? Why not mandate fingertip length?

I always admired Crystal Gayle. Compared to her hair, yours is quite short. You have short hair. You're just a pretender! Get out of this forum!!!

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I’m always open to more long hair care forums. I will eventually have long hair again, I am just currently in the progress of growing out a cut. I guess I can apologize on the behalf of all short hairs and say I’m sorry we “invaded” the forum.
    Try posting more often if you think LHC is suffering. Open up more conversations! That’s what I have been doing recently to try to make time go by so my hair can be longer.

I will just end my post by saying: We all have a starting point. Every one of us has had short hair at some point. It takes time.
    Last edited by gustavonut; January 25th, 2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: This is not just a forum for people growing hair, but also for people who LIKE long hair.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Maybe a subforum for non-growing shorties? We do need more acceptance and kindness in todays world that is for sure. This is the longhaircommunity thought so people who are adamantly opposed to long hair I would think wouldn't even frequent the forum.

Type
    2a/C/ii

I guess I can somewhat understand what you are saying, but I still feel that this forum is for people who are keeping their hair long/growing their hair long.
    Everyone start from somewhere, and everyone defines "long" differently.

Sure, I've seen threads with people keeping their hair short, but from what I've gathered they are mainly people who have grown their hair long, spent time here, gotten used to these forums, and then cut it off. I don't see why they should have to leave just because they cut their hair if they really liked the forum.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Being a longhair is not just about the length of the hair. It's also the mentality. One can be a longhair, yet enjoy shorter hair for the time being. There can be many reasons why someone cuts their hair. I am fine with the forum being as it is. It's a great community, and I wouldn't want to be "thrown out" in case I decided to cut my hair at some point. It would still be the same hair, requiring the same care and knowledge.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I too am fine with the forum as is. However, what I think the OP meant, are the people who come here who do not have a goal of long hair. I dont think she meant the people that currently have short hair. That was my interpretation of it anyway

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles122 View Post
    I too am fine with the forum as is. However, what I think the OP meant, are the people who come here who do not have a goal of long hair. I dont think she meant the people that currently have short hair. That was my interpretation of it anyway
    It's still an excellent place to learn more about haircare in general.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That's how I took it as well, how sparkles put it as people who have no goal of growing long hair

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    clssc/chin/shldr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gustavonut View Post
    I’m always open to more long hair care forums. I will eventually have long hair again, I am just currently in the progress of growing out a cut. I guess I can apologize on the behalf of all short hairs and say I’m sorry we “invaded” the forum.
    Try posting more often if you think LHC is suffering. Open up more conversations! That’s what I have been doing recently to try to make time go by so my hair can be longer.

I will just end my post by saying: We all have a starting point. Every one of us has had short hair at some point. It takes time.
    Don't apologize on my behalf! As long as we have interesting, positive and kind things to add to this community, we are just as worthy as anyone else .

OP, there have always been people with short hair in this forum, people just starting out their longhair journey, people with short terminal lengths and those who just like it short. Some of the most helpful people (I'm thinking about Anje) have very short hair, do you feel like they are *invading* the forum?