Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Openly friend anyone on this thread without it being weird' thread.

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default The 'Openly friend anyone on this thread without it being weird' thread.

I was looking at my pitiful friends list earlier and thought 'Wow, I hope nobody looks at my page and thinks I'm pathetic.'

Then a bit later, I read MadPirateBippy's thread and thought ...hmm, seriously, what's the big deal in feeling insecure over this friending thing. We're adults. We come here to chat and to share.

So post here if you are openminded enough to share your friendship with new people. Posting here entitles you to openly friend anyone on the post and be friended yourself.

***100 posts/60 days membership suggested***

Length
    shldr/MBAv2/trml
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Well, I've probably requested 75% of the friendships I'm now enjoying. I was a bit shy at first but I've decided that life's too short. The worst that can happen is that they don't accept and it remains pending indefinitely. I know some people will have reasons for not accepting, but so far most have been glad that I've asked. Feel free to ask me, I'll say yes if you have 100 post & 60 days membership.

I am just accepting anyone who contacts me, go right on ahead! Not all at once please, my mouse needs to breathe

I've been slow to start a "blog" as in, not started one yet, so I haven't sent any friend requests out other then a few the first day (figured, if I want to read someone's "blog" then I should have one too) so until I get around to it, I've held off on lots of friend requests ..... but I will likely get more into the "friend" thing once my blog is up and running, someday..... long long long time from now... when I find time to figure out how to even START the dang thing...
    Last edited by wintersun99; March 24th, 2008 at 10:59 AM.

Delilah - I'll be your friend, but I'm sure you'll understand if I avoid falling asleep when you're around. *

Jim

*Book of Judges 16:18 When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, "Come back once more; he has told me everything." So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. 19 Having put him to sleep on her lap, she called a man to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    *Book of Judges 16:18 When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, "Come back once more; he has told me everything." So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. 19 Having put him to sleep on her lap, she called a man to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.
    That's too funny... I'd never made the biblical connection in my username to the nature of this forum. It's from a song i listened to a lot during a tough time in my life.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I'm pretty open to all friends requests. Haven't turned anyone away yet!

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I'm very friendly
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

I'm pretty laid back, open and friendly. If this function existed on the old LHC, 99.9% of everyone here would have been my friends back there too. I can only think of a couple users I would deny, and only because they are/were known troublemakers and I just prefer to distance myself from that. And honestly, I haven't seen hide nor hair of those people in a while, so your chances of being my friend have just improved.

I have been lazy/ignorant re: the blog function and the new profile page. Once I start a blog, it will stay public anyway. My old journal was the same. So don't anyone feel like they *have* to friend me in order to read my blog.

ETA: Huh-huh-huh, I said hide nor 'hair'.
    Last edited by Madam Librarian; March 20th, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: I'm funny and I don't know it.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Aw, Delilah, having a few friends isn't pathetic. Says she with a mere six of 'em.

I can't think of anyone on LHC whose friendship request I'd deny, so feel free to add me.