Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BSL by Christmas 2014

Length
    17/24.5/27
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default BSL by Christmas 2014

Anyone else hoping to grow to BSL (bra strap length) by Christmas of 2014? Grow with me! Let's support each other.

My hair is currently just past my shoulders at 21". APL on me is 23", and BSL is 25". I've been growing about 3/4" per month, but assuming a more conservative 1/2" per month and one or two trims I hope to just graze BSL by Halloween and be solidly BSL by Christmas.

What's your current length and strategy?

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

Default Re: BSL by Christmas 2014

Count me in! It would be such a nice Christmas present to have BSL hair by next Christmas!

I am about an inch or so away from APL after my most recent trim in December. I have been trimming 1 inch every 4 months to gradually remove my layers so I am hoping for a solid APL by May. I have been exercising regularly, eating plenty of lean healthy protein, I take biotin, MSM, and a multivitamin and eat lots of veggies. I've eliminated heat styling and have been keeping my hair up as much as possible. I also do weekly overnight coconut oil soaks and weekly SMTs to keep my hair soft. I detangle with a wide tooth comb in the shower. I think next I'm going to get some satin or silk pillowcases or maybe a sleep cap.

I think ultimately I would love waist length hair. I have never really been past APL so I will be so excited if I get to BSL at all!
    Chin....Shoulder....Collarbone....APL....BSL....WL

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I should make it.
    I'm past APL, and grow a steady 1/2" per month. Even it I have to trim some splits--they're starting to appear now--it should be doable. This year, I'm going to try to wear it up more in buns. I think all the accent braids and elastics contributed to the splits. Buns 4 or 5 days a week, maybe?

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Cl+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Count me in! I've determined that I should be at a nice solid BSL (not a "can I call this BSL?") by Christmas this year and I may even have some trimming wiggle room. I haven't measured my hair with a tape measure (mostly because I know I'll become obsessed more by the numbers than the actual progress) but my shortest layer is about an inch away from joining the rest of my hair at APL.

Length
    18/26/tbd
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I would actually like to reach MBL but a little past BSL would be great too. I'm currently at APL or 22" for me and I'd like to reach somewhere between 28-30". If I grow at least .5" each month, I should reach the lower end of my goal by January 2015. But if I grow more than .5" then who knows, maybe more
    SL - 19 - 20 - 21- APL ​- 23 - 24 - BSL - 26 - 27- 28 - MBL - 30 - 31- WL
    ~*~Measured when curly ~*~

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hello friends, I am here! I should actually be getting into MBL territory by the end of this year, which is SUPER exciting!
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Cl+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Out of curiosity, what kind of styles do you typically do with APL? I feel like I've exhausted most of the styles that I can do with this length (French twist, bun, tails up, French/Dutch braid) and I'm having trouble finding new styles I can do with my length. The layers I have make me feel like my hair is shorter than it actually is when it falls out of certain styles ( remind me why I got layers again?). Any new styles would be greatly appreciated.

Finally APL, next is BSL Sterlyn's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/23/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think I might be able to make this, if not I should be darn close. My hair right now is 19" stretched, APL is about 20.5", bottom of my bra is 25.5". I should hit this at least stretched and if I get really awesome growth, who knows I may make it wavy and unstretched too.

I am practicing benign neglect this year and no trims for 2014.
    Last edited by Sterlyn; January 13th, 2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typos

Length
    CBL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Out of curiosity, what kind of styles do you typically do with APL? I feel like I've exhausted most of the styles that I can do with this length (French twist, bun, tails up, French/Dutch braid) and I'm having trouble finding new styles I can do with my length. The layers I have make me feel like my hair is shorter than it actually is when it falls out of certain styles ( remind me why I got layers again?). Any new styles would be greatly appreciated.
    I think apl is the best length for pony tails, it always looks good!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I finally hit BSL this month! :3