Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lavender spray as a scalp refresher?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

Default lavender spray as a scalp refresher?

Read about this and wanted some thoughts and opinions before I go ahead and purchase some lavender oil. Does it actually work to refresh and cleanse the scalp?

Default Re: lavender spray as a scalp refresher?

I put lavender essential oil in my scalp oil mix ... it's it refreshing no but the smell does help me sleep lol However the peppermint essential oil I put in my shampoo is refreshing.

Length
    SL/CBL/HL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I acually just bought so e lavender to put into my coconut oil this week. I'll let you know. I do also put peppermint in my oil sometimes and I love it!
    Lady Rhiannon, Grand OverSeer of Mischief and Mayhem, keeper of The Wizard, of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chopped it all off, grew out henna, and having fun starting over.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

@sarahthegemini: Lavender oil is lovely! I add a few drops to my argan oil mix in the morning to add to my ends as a detangler. You can also add it to a heavier oiling like coconut oil. I love the way it smells and I always get compliments when people give me a hug and can smell my hair.

Peppermint oil and spearmint oil are really nice to add as well. If I want something really refreshing, that's usually what I go for.

You can also add about 10-15 drops of lavender oil to a distilled water spray bottle. If you shake just before spraying, the oil disperses through the water and whatever you spray it on will smell like lavender. I sometimes use this to spray on dry hair to refresh it (like bedhead, if I'm not washing that day). It can also be used as a linen or pillow spray before bed!
    Chin....Shoulder....Collarbone....APL....BSL....WL

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

Hmm, it seems that it doesn't really clean the scalp then, just gives it a clean scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aingeal View Post
    I acually just bought so e lavender to put into my coconut oil this week. I'll let you know. I do also put peppermint in my oil sometimes and I love it!
    Thank you, that'd be helpful!

Length
    waist/TBL/??

That's funny, I just mixed up some refreshing essential oil and water spray for the first time in ages! But I agree that peppermint is the most refreshing. Lavender is really nice but to me it's more relaxing.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I have lavenderwater in a water spray bottle and I use it to refresh my waves/curls. I've read somewhere that you can spray and rub your scalp with it instead of washing...but I don't know I haven't tried it.

Length
    30"/45.5"/52"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I like to mix lavender and tea tree oils with some water and vinegar in a spray bottle to spay on my scalp in between washes. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you're referring to, but it helps with the scalp smells I have from going no-poo. I haven't tried it with anything other than lavender and tea tree, but peppermint sounds nice!

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Just an FYI, Lavender Water (Lavender Hydrosol) and Lavender Essential Oil are not exactly the same thing.

Length
    SL/CBL/HL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Ok so here's my update! I added lavender oil to my coconut il this morning. Oh my word it is heavenly. I only added a couple of drops, so it's not too strong, but he and there I get a whiff. I love it.
    Lady Rhiannon, Grand OverSeer of Mischief and Mayhem, keeper of The Wizard, of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chopped it all off, grew out henna, and having fun starting over.