Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of my ends? (pics included)

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default What do you think of my ends? (pics included)

Hi all. This is how my ends look like right now, it seems to have changed colour somehow which is almost giving the appearance of being damaged. My ends are pretty good tho (its very difficult to find a split end or white head, but I haven’t had a trim in 1 1//2 years). I plan to have a trim on my 2 year hair growth “anniversary” because right now, I don’t have the heart to cut even a little bit off so I will continue with my “search and destroy” technique. Anybody else having this issue tho? Thank you

Length
    18/47/53
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: What do you think of my ends? (pics included)

The ends look great to me! The color difference might also be from it being the oldest hair, it's been exposed to the sun, etc. the longest. My ends changed color over the years because I still have old dye I'm growing out, but I had that also happen before I ever dyed it.

It's normal to have a different color at the ends, they're a few years old. The scalp hair hasn't been exposed to nearly as many washings, hours in the sun, etc.

Wear that gorgeous hair in a bun, tuck those ends in and S&D when needed.
    There is no dark side of the moon, really.
    Matter of fact, it's all dark. ~ Pink Floyd

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Come on, ombre is the thing now! Many people with long hair have lighter hair at the bottom due to age of hair and sun fade over time as Meowscat said. My hair has always been a different shade if I hold the bottom up to the top. I wonder if this happens to platinum blonds too? From what I've seen it happens to all brunettes.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MeowScat View Post
    The ends look great to me! The color difference might also be from it being the oldest hair, it's been exposed to the sun, etc. the longest. My ends changed color over the years because I still have old dye I'm growing out, but I had that also happen before I ever dyed it.

It's normal to have a different color at the ends, they're a few years old. The scalp hair hasn't been exposed to nearly as many washings, hours in the sun, etc.

Wear that gorgeous hair in a bun, tuck those ends in and S&D when needed.

Thank you I been looking at those ends this past week like a crazy person but I (for now) refuse to trim unless there is reasonable damage, so i do the S&D instead. Its not from colour tho, so i guess its just what it does from being old like you said

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by woodswanderer View Post
    Come on, ombre is the thing now! Many people with long hair have lighter hair at the bottom due to age of hair and sun fade over time as Meowscat said. My hair has always been a different shade if I hold the bottom up to the top. I wonder if this happens to platinum blonds too? From what I've seen it happens to all brunettes.
    Thank you. Hmmm thats an intresting question I will eventually trim it and get it back to the one colour so i stop obsessing over it but for now... its ok for me i guess

Your ends look great!!!
    I S&D often. I only trim when it's too many splits.

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFrappe View Post
    Your ends look great!!!
    I S&D often. I only trim when it's too many splits.
    thank you i do the same

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Your hair is beautiful. Long natural hair is almost always naturally ombre anyway, because the longer portions have been exposed to the sun for several years. Your ends look perfect to me. The only reason I microtrim is because I am trying to get rid of layers and I am also convinced that a small trim supercharges my growth. I don't think it makes much scientific sense, but I've lived with my hair for many years, and I know how it behaves.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Your hair looks great and I'm relaxed on s&d. I know shame on me. I think the ends turn light due to sun fading them out. I wouldn't worry unless you start having tons of white dots or splits.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Your hair looks beautiful. I think it is natural to get lighter ends, even if the ends are healthy.

Currently at hip ~ Trimming out layers and damage ~ Growing until my braid tassle tickles my pony's back when riding.