Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't seem like I'm getting much growth? Pics

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Doesn't seem like I'm getting much growth? Pics

It sure doesn't seem like I'm getting much growth...I've not been much of a trimmer though I did chop 3"ish recently. What do you all think?

And this is recent, TBL after a 3ish" chop of ends that I felt needed to go:

I never really thought about it before, but is this normal growth for 2+ years with minor trims? Seems rather slow to me...
    Last edited by Kherome; May 29th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Doesn't seem like I'm getting much growth? Pics

I'm sorry the photo quality gets worse and worse...it's the same cellphone and it's like 6 years old now...plus I drop it a lot. Aaaaand it may have spent the night outside in winter in the manure pile once. Or twice.

Hair in Sunlight

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Kherome i seem to recall you saying that you are very tall (me too), so from your waist to where you are now (between tb and classic?) is a lot of growth. plus your hemline looks great. your hair is such a beautiful color and so soft looking. i love it!
    Starting over, again.
    /20/20.5/21/21.5/22/22.5/23/23.5/24/24.5/25/25.5/26/26.5/27/27.5/28/28.5/29/29.5/30/30.5/31/31.5/32/32.5/33/33.5/34/34.5/35/35.5/36

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I am just a pinch under 6'1"

Hair in Sunlight

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Well congrats for being tall and reaching the length you are in. It is very impressive! Honestly, these days i've been discouraged about being tall and whether or not I can even grow down past knee length. It seems like if you are short then you can easily grow down to extreme lengths because so many short people are showing off their calf length and beyond hair here in LHC! I'd like to see a six footer at calf or even floor length. I haven't seen a picture of one. How tall is JJJ longhair? Come to think of it Crystal Gayle was on 5' 2 and with ankle length hair,which makes it more depressing to me because she is considered a American country girl singer icon but she is short so there is another proof that if you are short you can get to extreme lengths..

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

It seems fine to me, but you can do the math. Average growth is 0.04" a month. You can calculate how much you gained approximately

Length
    21/43/45
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thumbs up Re: Doesn't seem like I'm getting much growth? Pics

Wow, Kherome, it's gorgeous. just beautiful. I think the only thing harder than getting from bs to waist is to get from waist to hip/fingertip/classic. It seems to take forever! I think your growth looks good, and the quality is really wonderful.
    Deb

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/72"/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    Well congrats for being tall and reaching the length you are in. It is very impressive! Honestly, these days i've been discouraged about being tall and whether or not I can even grow down past knee length. It seems like if you are short then you can easily grow down to extreme lengths because so many short people are showing off their calf length and beyond hair here in LHC! I'd like to see a six footer at calf or even floor length. I haven't seen a picture of one. How tall is JJJ longhair? Come to think of it Crystal Gayle was on 5' 2 and with ankle length hair,which makes it more depressing to me because she is considered a American country girl singer icon but she is short so there is another proof that if you are short you can get to extreme lengths..
    I am 5' 6 1/2" and my hair is 70" It can be done with taller people with the right genes.

Length
    36"/72"/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

How tall are you rowie?

Length
    36"/72"/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kherome View Post
    It sure doesn't seem like I'm getting much growth...I've not been much of a trimmer though I did chop 3"ish recently. What do you all think?

And this is recent, TBL after a 3ish" chop of ends that I felt needed to go:

I never really thought about it before, but is this normal growth for 2+ years with minor trims? Seems rather slow to me...
    You really need to use a tape measure to track growth accurately. It looks like you got a reasonable amount of growth considering you trimmed 3". Your hair is very pretty!