Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a help for a receding hairline

Type
    2b/M/ii

Default a help for a receding hairline

i really need help usually i dont have a thick hair in my hairline but it has been a year and its receding and has less hair not a baldness but less hair and a little receding is there anything that can fix it please..

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: a help for a receding hairline

Castor oil has helped a lot with mine (especially Jamaican Black Castor oil). I know some ladies here have also used monistat with some success
    c
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/M/iii

It could be traction alopecia.
    Do you wear your hair up tight a lot? Do you wear weaves, cornrows, tiny braids? Do you wear hijabs? Etc.
    Anything that puts pressure on the follicles of your hairs in that area can possibly eventually cause traction alopecia.

To stop it you need to stop what's causing it.

If this is not it then I don't really know. Maybe something hormonal?

Castor oil can indeed help. Put castor oil on your scalp in the places it's needed and let it stay for atleast an hour, better overnight. Like maybe 3 times a week. Go look on Youtube and type in "castor oil against hair loss" or something like that to see other peoples experiences with it

Good luck!

Jan 22 2014. Can't wait till waist curly!

Length
    19 in/24/BSL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

The hair around my temples is thin too. I'm a side sleeper (both sides) and most of the pressure I sleep on is my temples. That's what I blame. I switched my pillowcase months ago and think I have new growth. Many short hairs growing! Just a thought. You're probably not getting a receding hairline like men do!
    Growing out damage, dye, and layers (slowly ) 2a/F/ii

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I used 5% rogaine at night and it helped.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl26 View Post
    The hair around my temples is thin too. I'm a side sleeper (both sides) and most of the pressure I sleep on is my temples. That's what I blame. I switched my pillowcase months ago and think I have new growth. Many short hairs growing! Just a thought. You're probably not getting a receding hairline like men do!
    The hair around my temples is thin too...and a different type of hair. I was in a meeting today and got a chance to glance around at other people...male and female...and they all had similar shaped hairline/thinner hair in that area. I think it's normal.

My hair is dyed and the roots are lighter, really accentuating the thinness in that area, but I'm pretty sure mine is completely normal. I think the hair is just softer and finer there naturally.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Try Priorin. I have had really good results with it, as my hair was getting really thin (not sure it was age-related though, I am only 20). You don't ned a receipt for it, and it shouldn't be dangerous.
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl26 View Post
    Damn, I never thought that side sleeping could cause that. I'm also a side sleeper. What kind of pillowcase did you switch too?

My hair is also getting a little thinner at the temples, it's just something that happens when you get older. My mother and all her sisters have that too. At first I started adding castor oil, but it's just too much trouble. I have bangs, and adding castor oil regularly means that I would be walking about with oily bangs most of the time. Or that I would have to wash my bangs every morning. My night-time ritual of washing my face, brushing my teeth etc. is long enough so adding castor oil is just too much trouble

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    -/TB/Knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I 2nd rogaine.

Also if you wear a hijab I suggest either a silk one or a silk headband/scarf under the hijab on the area where the hair is thinning. It will decrease friction and also keep the volume so you don't get the hijab version of helmet hair
    Last edited by Fantak; April 11th, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
    1c/2a - F - ii/iii - Bottle Blonde since 2010
    TB Classic FT Knee
    Stuck at TB for four years due to undetected breakage.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

The hair at my temples is superthin, in fact, there is almost no hair there at all.
    I was thinking about doing a post about this to ask around how common it is.
    I know mine is genetic, my mother has the same and I have always had it.
    I also know it is not from sleeping on my side, since for me it's the ear part that gets the pressure, not the temple.
    Hand made crystal jewelry and art: https://spellofhexu.com/
    SL - SL - SL - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HIP?