Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help me avoid a chop?

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Please help me avoid a chop?

I fractured my elbow last night, and it's now in a temporary cast until Monday. I don't know if I'll get a real cast or for how long, but I'm overwhelmed thinking about how I'll take care of my hair over the weekend, let alone the coming weeks. Does anyone have tips to help me take care of my hair and look professional without resorting to a pixie (which I'm super tempted by)?
    Buzz~Pixie~Shaggy mess~Shoulders~APL~BSL~Waist~Classic

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Please help me avoid a chop?

How long is your hair now? Is it long enough to braid? Its hard to make suggestions without details length, texture, oily/dry, ect...

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

It's shoulder-length, fairly thick (last I checked, ponytail circumference was around 3.5 inches. The thickness means it's too thick to do a single english braid. I have straight-across bangs that I usually blow dry with a round brush, and co wash every 3-4 days.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by omgitssarah View Post
    It's shoulder-length, fairly thick (last I checked, ponytail circumference was around 3.5 inches. The thickness means it's too thick to do a single english braid. I have straight-across bangs that I usually blow dry with a round brush, and co wash every 3-4 days.
    Do you have anyone who could to a half up braid for you? It would help reduce, tangles, hide greasyness, keep it out of your face ect... For washing since you co id get a mister bottle that way you can dampen your hair and apply the condish before you get in the shower. It has time to work and its easier for you to keep your cast dry. Ive never broken anything requiring a cast so im not your bst bet for advice. Hope someone can be moe helpful

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

thank you, i appreciate the ideas anyway. =D i'm sure my mom wouln't mind, but she leaves early in the morning for work and likely won't be around at the times i'd need help.

Length
    APL+/BCL/MidTh
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Sorry about your elbow! As for hair, i suggest claw clips.. you Might be able to do it yourself, otherwise it would be a quick low fuss style for someone to help you with.. i am unsure about the bangs.. headband or pin back maybe?

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

headband's a good idea! i'm having my friend ponytail me tomorrow, but I think i may be able to manage a claw clip myself. Thanks!

Length
    17.00/19.25/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

That's terrible!! Hope you're not in too much pain right now. This might not be feasible, but perhaps getting it "done" at a beauty salon once a week (wash/condition/blow out), which is what my mom did after heart surgery ... it would keep for a few days anyway, then she'd just manage with some simpler styles. Even just having someone help you wash/dry it would go a long way to not feeling so icky. Good luck!!

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Ouch, so sorry about your elbow! Yes, you can easily do a single English braid--my pony is about 5", so if I can do one, so can you. I would braid it, and then pin up using whatever kind of clips you have available. You can leave it in a braid overnight. You may be able to get away with one braid for two days or longer this way.

Aw I'm sorry about your elbow. I hope you heal as quickly as possible. I think cornrows would be a great way to keep your hair contained and you will have very minimal tangles with that style. If you don't like the way they look, hats can cover the braids.