Page 665 of 851 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675715765 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    You hafta hurry & make 25 posts do we can see a pic!!
    I'm workin' on it!

The color sounds cool.
    It's very, very nice. It looks different in different lighting.

I always wondered if it is possible to do just brown henna w/no red?
    I'm by no means an expert, but it's my understanding that unless you two a 2-step henna/indigo (which gives black hair), there will always be some red.

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Oh, I use the clear Fruit of the Earth Aloe gel for my hair, I got mine from the sunburn section, I didn't know you were trying to help Magic find a specific brand sorry for misleading her.
    Oh no you 're fine. FOTE is Fruit of the Earth, just abbreviated
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Oh no you 're fine. FOTE is Fruit of the Earth, just abbreviated
    Oh alright, wow I feel silly for not knowing that. I just know I got mine where the other aloe gels for sunburn are, but some Walmarts are set up a bit differently so it might take some searching, thank you fo assuring me I was not doing anything wrong...I felt kinda bad. Have you ever tried aloe in conditioner or shampoo? what does it do?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Oh alright, wow I feel silly for not knowing that. I just know I got mine where the other aloe gels for sunburn are, but some Walmarts are set up a bit differently so it might take some searching, thank you fo assuring me I was not doing anything wrong...I felt kinda bad. Have you ever tried aloe in conditioner or shampoo? what does it do?
    No worries, we're all not born w/all this knowledge, dontcha know, lol. I personally have only tried it in 1/2 oil & 1/2 AVG, or just by itself. I think using it in poo or conditioner would defeat the purpose, unless you mixed it w/your leave in co maybe?

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

No worries, we're all not born w/all this knowledge, dontcha know, lol. I personally have only tried it in 1/2 oil & 1/2 AVG, or just by itself. I think using it in poo or conditioner would defeat the purpose, unless you mixed it w/your leave in co maybe?
    Good point, if you rinse it out, why even waste it in your shampoo or co, I have mixed it with water and conditioner in a spray bottle, its lovely for refreshing curls. I never even though of mixing it with oil, what oil do you use? Yeah, I know some of the abbreviations but some still confuse me, you're right, we aren't born with the knowledge it takes time to learn them all!

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Good point, if you rinse it out, why even waste it in your shampoo or co, I have mixed it with water and conditioner in a spray bottle, its lovely for refreshing curls. I never even though of mixing it with oil, what oil do you use? Yeah, I know some of the abbreviations but some still confuse me, you're right, we aren't born with the knowledge it takes time to learn them all!
    Yep! I sometimes mix it w/argan oil or coconut oil by scrunching it in upside and right side up before I get out of the shower, then plop and it turns out awesome. With the coconut oil, Since it is solid...I dig out a little bit in an old plastic container and keep it in the shower, that way the water from the shower I'm taking liquefies it so that it's ready to be mixed by the time I am getting out.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Yep! I sometimes mix it w/argan oil or coconut oil by scrunching it in upside and right side up before I get out of the shower, then plop and it turns out awesome. With the coconut oil, Since it is solid...I dig out a little bit in an old plastic container and keep it in the shower, that way the water from the shower I'm taking liquefies it so that it's ready to be mixed by the time I am getting out.
    That's a great idea for melting the coconut oil! Sadly, it makes my hair crunchy (as you know) so I am wary to try it again. I don't have any argan oil, but maybe olive oil would be good? I just like that it makes my hair SO soft! I need to experiment with it more though, I have used nearly the whole bottle for scrunching and spraying my hair. What is the difference for you when you mix the aloe with oil? Does it make your hair softer, curlier what?

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

That's a great idea for melting the coconut oil! Sadly, it makes my hair crunchy (as you know) so I am wary to try it again. I don't have any argan oil, but maybe olive oil would be good? I just like that it makes my hair SO soft! I need to experiment with it more though, I have used nearly the whole bottle for scrunching and spraying my hair. What is the difference for you when you mix the aloe with oil? Does it make your hair softer, curlier what?
    Ya, I think you would need to play around w/which oils work for ya. I'm using the oils I mix w/the AVG for sealants only. In other words, I cowash, then RO a heavier, or just use the heavier as a leave in depending on what it needs that day...then mix a few drops (not too much), and a splurt of AVG in the palm of my hand, mix it together w/my finger then rub my hands together and scrunch it where I want it.

This acts as a "seal" for my moisture I've just put in w/the conditioner to keep my hair hydrated longer. Hope that makes sense?

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Ya, I think you would need to play around w/which oils work for ya. I'm using the oils I mix w/the AVG for sealants only. In other words, I cowash, then RO a heavier, or just use the heavier as a leave in depending on what it needs that day...then mix a few drops (not too much), and a splurt of AVG in the palm of my hand, mix it together w/my finger then rub my hands together and scrunch it where I want it.

This acts as a "seal" for my moisture I've just put in w/the conditioner to keep my hair hydrated longer. Hope that makes sense?
    Makes perfect sense, sounds simple enough. I just washed with the product that was giving me curls last night, I am HOPING for the same if not better results! (excited!) If it is air drying and not working or even if it is, I want braidwaves so I am going to braid it in a single braid, suggestions on how to get loose but uniform waves starting a few inches from the roots?

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Makes perfect sense, sounds simple enough. I just washed with the product that was giving me curls last night, I am HOPING for the same if not better results! (excited!) If it is air drying and not working or even if it is, I want braidwaves so I am going to braid it in a single braid, suggestions on how to get loose but uniform waves starting a few inches from the roots?
    Just guessing that the braid would have to be as high up and tight as you could get it?