Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magic Haircut

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default The Magic Haircut

Hey guys,

I bought this book some months ago. I saw the title in huge bold letters "Grow Hair Fast" so of course I bought it. The book is by Riquette Hofstein. It has tons of all natural recipes , tips and a 7 day program to help your hair grow.

There was on section called "The Magic Haircut". I was wondering if anyone had tried this haircut before?? Maybe they have read the book before? Here are the instructions for the hair cut:

"1) The hairline must be cut with precision and care. Every single hair must be lifted with a comb and cut. Your stylist with comb a thin layer forward and clip, then section another layer forward and clip it even with the first, repeating the process until all the hair has been sectioned and cut from the hairline to the crown. Even if you do it yourself, have your hairline trimmed every three weeks. Just a tiny bit at the ends. Lift your hair with your comb and take tiny snips--even of the fuzz.

2) Once the horizontal layering of the top is complete, the same area must be layered and cut on an angle, vertically from the sides. Work from the front to the back on each side. Such careful distribution of the hair's volume creates a balanced, easily styled look for both men and women.

3) Working from the crown, your stylist will section your hair vertically in small sections. Lift hair and cut over the comb. Alternate cutting vertically with cutting horizontally until you reach the nape.

4) Be careful to integrate the layering from both sides and the crown so that you won't have a strong line across your head. Even fuzz must be combed and clipped to prohibit damage and drying as it grows.

5) Angular cutting at the sides strengthen and shapes hair at the temples. Regular cutting will enable your hair to grow into shape. By the time you complete the 7 step program, the styling patterns of the basic Magic Cut will be established.

By carefully sectioning the hair and clipping the ends of each section horizontally and then re sectioning so that it can be cut vertically, your stylist will be able to create "tunnels" through the under-layers of your hair. This technique provides "lift" --air space-- from underneath so that your new hair will have room to grow. "

I know in this forum most everyone is against getting regular hair cuts, I was just wondering if anyone had tried this out before?? Seems kind of strange and a bit hard for me to follow for some reason.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: The Magic Haircut

Seems a bit hard... and silly to me. Not my cup of tea.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

That totally baffled me. Maybe I need a video @.@ I'd like to see if anyone has tried it though!
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    3a/M/ii

I was lost by n°2. Or maybe n°1. Oo
    I'm not against cutting (I mean... I'm against cutting my hair, but I see why other people might disagree), but I just can't picture this method. Completely lost here.
    You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I would question the reasoning. Does your hair actually need tunnels to give it space to grow? I kept mine all wadded up in a hair net for months and it grew just fine.

I think your hair will grow just fine even without this tedious and complicated hair cut. Maybe it's a really cute cut, that might be a reason to get it, but to give your hair room to grow? Don't think it is necessary.

Length
    14"/-/-
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm a stylist in training and I don't even understand what the heck this is saying. I also don't believe any particular haircut can aid in growing hair.

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

ok glad I am not the only one who finds this almost impossible to follow haha...I'm not really sure how she even came up with this and how it remotely helped someone's hair grow. She also suggested using vodka mixed with cayenne pepper on your scalp every morning. That kind of made me go..what the hell?? I guess it's supposed to stimulate your hair, but seems like it would majorly dry out your scalp.

Length
    Chin/48.5/54
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Sounds pretty complicated to me... Eeek!
    MrsGuther

Length
    Chin/48.5/54
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dang3rousB3auty View Post
    ok glad I am not the only one who finds this almost impossible to follow haha...I'm not really sure how she even came up with this and how it remotely helped someone's hair grow. She also suggested using vodka mixed with cayenne pepper on your scalp every morning. That kind of made me go..what the hell?? I guess it's supposed to stimulate your hair, but seems like it would majorly dry out your scalp.
    Vodka and cayenne pepper??!! Oh my goodness! Way too adventurous for me. :
    MrsGuther

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGuther View Post
    Vodka and cayenne pepper??!! Oh my goodness! Way too adventurous for me. :
    haha I remember I was underage and read that. I was like how the heck am I going to manage to get vodka! It seems kind of silly now to even want to put that on my head.