Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here with dreadlocks?

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Anyone here with dreadlocks?

I have just dreaded up my hair again and am committed to growing it superlong. Anyone else here still locked up or contemplating it?

Jenn

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Anyone here with dreadlocks?

Ooooh! Pics!! I've never had dreads and probably never will, but I love the way well-cared-for dreads look and would TOTALLY go for it had I not chosen my current profession
    Lady Eruaistaniel, Wanderer of Ricketts Glen, in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    ~ Mark Twain

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don't have dreads but my DBF of 2 years does. He has had them the whole time we've been dating but I have really seen them mature sooo much since we first met. They are between waist and hip length right now!
    Last edited by pes3108; April 3rd, 2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I almost got dreads last summer and have loved the way they look for years- but I doubt all ever get them...
    I want to see pics of yours!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

I totally love dreads, would love to have them but would be scared of the commitment - plus I have so much silver in my hair now, I think I'd get a lot more stares than I'd be up for. Hope you enjoy your dreads! Bet they look amazing.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by summergreen View Post
    I totally love dreads, would love to have them but would be scared of the commitment - plus I have so much silver in my hair now, I think I'd get a lot more stares than I'd be up for. Hope you enjoy your dreads! Bet they look amazing.
    Silver dreads would be A-MA-ZING!!! If I were to do dreads I would do the thinner ones that you can style somewhat like regular hair, but as I understand, they're even more upkeep, and that'd definitely be intimidating to me, too. I'm a roll-out-of-bed-and-bun-it girl
    Lady Eruaistaniel, Wanderer of Ricketts Glen, in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    ~ Mark Twain

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

i love dreads!! but im too chicken to do it myself:-) i agree , we want pictures!
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Quote Originally Posted by littleizz View Post
    Silver dreads would be A-MA-ZING!!! If I were to do dreads I would do the thinner ones that you can style somewhat like regular hair, but as I understand, they're even more upkeep, and that'd definitely be intimidating to me, too. I'm a roll-out-of-bed-and-bun-it girl
    yep TOTALLY silver dreads probably would be amazing! Silver mixed with boring shade of brown - not so sure! Maybe in another 15 years - when Ill be more silver than brown and hopefully old enough not to care about the stares. I like the thinner ones too, and did see a lady with lovely silver and blonde thin dreads a while back...

is there a way to "un-do" dreads? i'm possibly thinking about doing it. (just wanna see what it would look like)

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I had a friend in college who had super long and blonde dreads. what made them longer was his super long torso as he was very tall, and they went down to his behind. with his chiseled face, people thought he looked like a greek god.
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!