Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird eyebrow hair

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Weird eyebrow hair

Over the past few years I've noticed a very weird single hair on my left eyebrow; it's silver (my brow colour is brown), twice the length of my normal brow hairs, and it keeps growing back the same after every time I plug it out!
    Also, this summer my bf noticed a one-inch-long silver hair coming out of my left... shoulder!!! Luckily, that one didn't grow back

Has anyone else had a similar weird hair experience?

Length
    18.5/19.7/45
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Weird eyebrow hair

No, but maybe you first grey hair?
    Sorry, not funny...

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

It could be your first gray hair or maybe a hair that got damaged from waxing or tweezing.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

This is just how some people's eyebrows age. It started happening to me about age 30. The eyebrow hair starts as a normal brown hair, but then at the end of it's growth cycle, it turns grey and grows a lot, forcing the hair into a big arc that sticks out from the rest of the brow. I just pluck them when I see them lest I look like my 80 year old father.
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lilli View Post
    This is just how some people's eyebrows age. It started happening to me about age 30. The eyebrow hair starts as a normal brown hair, but then at the end of it's growth cycle, it turns grey and grows a lot, forcing the hair into a big arc that sticks out from the rest of the brow. I just pluck them when I see them lest I look like my 80 year old father.
    That makes sense to me, except the first time I noticed it, I was 18 years old or sth.. And it keeps happening with that particular hair! None of my other hairs seem to be wanting to get old..

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tsopana View Post
    That makes sense to me, except the first time I noticed it, I was 18 years old or sth.. And it keeps happening with that particular hair! None of my other hairs seem to be wanting to get old..
    Well, some people's head hair turns gray very early, so I imagine it is normal. I bet they'll all catch up eventually...
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    awl/tb/cl
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think it is your first grey hairs. They do come slowly, individually first. I got my first; in my eyebrows,at age 19. I was by then dying my hair blonde myself,so I told myself my brows were matching my hair. Till my 50s,if my hair was blonde;appeared to be blonde brows. 50s on;no more,they look "old" white. They are why I got hooked on salon color for my hair. Big salons (Pelluccis) won't dye your brows:tell you about the law. Neighborhood little salons? Will dye your brows. I've considered going back to coloring my hair myself,but continuing to go to salon for just brows colored? But don't think I'm up for monthly freakouts from my salon stylist. Ohhh,and you Know they'd be coming! Lol! My white eyebrows hold me salon hostage. Lol.

I have this same problem but for me its in my right eyebrow just the 1 repettive white hair that I pluck about once every 2 months

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

It definitely sounds like a grey hair, i started getting a couple in my brows and eyelash once i hit 35yrs, i resorted to tinting the brow one's but the one on my lashes i don't mess with!!!

Length
    20/56/knee+
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Yessss!!! I have the same problem, except my weird eyebrow hairs come in dark brown, and my eyebrows are light reddish. When I take a lot of my supplements consistently, I will get a few of these in my eyebrows (they come in dark and very long). And, when I've gone back to a more minimal supplement regime, they go back to normal.

In the past when I've gone off of my supplements completely, I've gotten a few white eyebrow hairs (horrors) but haven't seen anything lately as I'm making sure to take my pills.
    Note to self: Master my hair, do not let my hair master me.