Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: describing this haircut to a stylist

Default describing this haircut to a stylist

I have an appointment to update my layers this week and I want to be able to describe this cut (minus the bangs), so I dont end up with layers that are too short (which always happens ). I would say that her hair has long layers and then a couple face framing ones that are just below her chin. Can anyone help me to describe it better?

Length
    3/28"/36-40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

The closest description I can think of is either light layering or slightly shag like.

It's hard to see where she has layers except for the front few.

Can you show that picture to the stylist?

Type
    1b/M/ii

I agree with purplebubba, the best way to get what you want is to print off the picture and take it with you.

Length
    3/28"/36-40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

You posted a while back that you had a really bad haircut. I'd advise getting something to take notes on and write down everything you did not like about it as well as anything you didn't like about other haircuts.

And write down anything else that you want to remember to say. Then you can read off your notes if you take them with you.

Bring the picture with you and ask what she'd do to your hair to get it to look like that. It may be that short layers are needed to get that style (although I doubt it since the layers look really long). If you don't like what the stylist tells you, go someplace else.

I really like that hairstyle but it looks like it's curled with a curling iron to get the spirals. I have wavy/curly hair and couldn't get the curls to go in the same direction naturally : )

Post a picture after you get it styled!

Quote Originally Posted by purplebubba View Post
    You posted a while back that you had a really bad haircut. I'd advise getting something to take notes on and write down everything you did not like about it as well as anything you didn't like about other haircuts.

And write down anything else that you want to remember to say. Then you can read off your notes if you take them with you.
    This is a great idea My hair has *finally* grown back to a little past BSL, so writing my thoughts/questions down will definitely help to make sure it doesn't get cut too short.

I'm definitely going to take the picture in, but I'm hoping if I can't explain it (ie, long layers, *a few* face framing shorter layers, etc) might help get what I want across better.

Length
    3/28"/36-40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Another option is to print out that picture and then use a pen or marker to mark off where you think her layers or tips are reaching. Or use a photo editing program to make the marks and then print it.
    Last edited by purplebubba; June 1st, 2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: mark not park

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by purplebubba View Post
    Another option is to print out that picture and then use a pen or marker to mark off where you think her layers or tips are reaching. Or use a photo editing program to make the marks and then print it.

ooh ooh ooh - PB - that's an awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    >1/4"/29.5"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

bring a picture. I can't emphasize this enough! BRING A PICTURE!! Or many pictures! Really, you can't overdo it.

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

You can tell your stylist, too, "layers only in the bottom 5 inches" or something of the like. That's worked with my stylist, anyways. Good luck!
    ~Ever-creeping to small-of-the-back length~
    2b/c, M, ii/iii