Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever crochet/knitted/weave your hair into what you are working on?

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Have you ever crochet/knitted/weave your hair into what you are working on?

By that I mean a fallen hair or two gets caught and before you know it you have incorporated more of yourself into your project than you intended?

Also if this has ever happened to you; Do you pull it out or keep on with your hair permanently in it?

I leave it in.

I like the idea of a part of me (not just my imagination or creativity) is in the blanket, hat or scarf.

I never do it on purpose. It's always on accident. But it's like a happy accident.

Length
    ?/?/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Have you ever crochet/knitted/weave your hair into what you are working on?

I don't knit or crochet but I just LOL at the title of this thread!

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Have you ever crochet/knitted/weave your hair into what you are working on?

Ah! A fellow crafter! Yeah, I do it all the time and think its a nice personal touch. I did the hubby an undyed wool scarf, and it had tiny glimmers of henna red in it from the happy accidental hair additions. It looked lovely! Glad Im not the only one
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Length
    17/42/30

LOL this made me laugh. It used to happen to me back when I had time to knit. I've never left hairs in a project though, every time I'd see one I would pull it out and giggle. I know if I'd left them in the project it would annoy me.

Goal met and exceeded, now what?
    I have curly virgin hair which is currently tailbone length un-stretched.

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Yes, this happens all the time! I try to pull it out, but sometimes can't... it's too far knit in. When that happens, like you, I try to think of it as a happy mistake. Sometimes I do leave it on purpose, if it's for DH or my two children. I feel like they have a part of me with them and especially for the kids, that it's a little like a protective talisman of sorts.
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yes, this happens all the time! I try to pull it out, but sometimes can't... it's too far knit in. When that happens, like you, I try to think of it as a happy mistake. Sometimes I do leave it on purpose, if it's for DH or my two children. I feel like they have a part of me with them and especially for the kids, that it's a little like a protective talisman of sorts.
    Protective talisman. Love it!
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Length
    mbl/hpl/tbl?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Well, I sew, so sometimes hair will get shed onto the project or even sewn into it. Rarely do I ever notice, though, and since I only actually MAKE things for myself at the moment (I do some repairs/alterations for others), it's not a big deal for me to have my hairs on my clothes lol.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Yes! But I've also sewed what I was working on in my lap to the thigh of my trousers.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Yes, all the time, but never on purpose!

My best friend in college was given a knitted wool cap by his gf's mom. "I knit seven of her hairs into it," she said, "so you'll be bound to her as long as you wear it!" and then cackled at him.

They're still together, 8+ years later.

Length
    12/21.5/40???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

yes, this has happened to me. sometimes they are just too hard to pull out!