Thread: Hendigo-heads, help!:)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Hendigo-heads, help!:)

Hello everybody! Well, I stopped bleaching my hair about a year ago. Since then, I've had several henna applications, only two of which included my (several-inches-long) roots, hoping that the colour of the ends would darken to match the roots.. I was obviously wrong!

This picture shows the colour difference between the hennaed roots and the hennaed ends.
    My natural hair colour is light-medium brown. Therefore I now figured, that if I dye the ends with hendigo, they will start to blend with the roots.. Is that thought correct? If yes, does anyone have
    any idea on what proportions of henna and indigo I should use, since I don't want the result to be
    brown, I want it to be auburn..? Additionally, I have never used indigo before, so I'd have to order some online. I discovered that indigo powder is sold on e-bay:

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/-100--Pu...786626922/item

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/100--Pur...511590783/item

Do you think these are ok, or should I order from Henna Boy?

Thanks in advance!!

Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hendigo-heads, help!:)

Ok, as I see, the picture isn't showing... If anybody has a clue on how to upload a picture, please let me know!

Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tsopana View Post
    Ok, as I see, the picture isn't showing... If anybody has a clue on how to upload a picture, please let me know!
    You need to put it into something public like Photobucket (on public setting), then c&p the link.

Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Wow, I could almost have sworn that was a picture of my hair! I have several inches of roots darker than the hair I bleached prior to dying with henna, but I kind of like it, and it'll be fun for me to see how much growth I had in a year, since I'm hopeless with measuring I just measure the roots! But I think the hendigo thing should work well for you, provided you only put it on the previously bleached ends. Now, from my understanding, sometimes the indigo can fade quickly, so it might take a few applications to get it to "stick". And since henna needs A LOT of push to get it to be any other color than red, maybe start with a 50/50 mix and go from there? Hope all goes well for you!
    BALDPIXIECHINSHOULDERAPLBSLWAISTHLTL
    Henna enhanced auburn-haired girl

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I would say a mix of 70 indigo/30 henna would do the trick. I think much more henna then that and you'll get more of a dark burgundy then a brown.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thank you so much for your replies! I didn't know that indigo fades, I thought it was as permanent as henna..
    Do you know perhaps any practical way of dying only the ends of the hair?

Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

A friend of mine suggested me to do an indigo-only-gloss and leave it for 30 min... Would that better than a hendigo application? Anyone??