Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time I wore hairsticks to school..

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default First time I wore hairsticks to school..

..and I got a lot of negative reactions to them

I started the day off wearing the woven bun, and my friend Lori really, really liked them. She poked and prodded at them, saying how she was happy I finally wore them to school after telling her so much about the LHC.
    I went to my locker to get things for my first class, and I overheard two boys as they walked past me while I dug for my books.

"She's wearing sticks in her hair?!? God, that's so weird..!!"

I was instantly a little ashamed.. and quickly pulled the pins out and let my hair down for about half the day. Until I saw Lori again.

Lori started yelling at me, saying how they were just idiots and they just didn't see how intricate and beautiful the bun was. (her words, not mine ) and then hold me hostage from getting food until I put my hair back up.. It was then in a chinese bun the rest of the day.

I overheard a couple more comments that made me want to go hide in the bathroom, but I had to remember, Lori would probably kick my butt if I took it down again So, I'm just feeling a little low about my hair, and wishing people understood and appreciated ling hair here..

Length
    19/30 in/TBL37
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: First time I wore hairsticks to school..

aww, I'm so sorry that happened to you! those boys were so rude, i'm sure your hair looked awesome. Keep wearing them and eventually you'll get those in awe comments on how you keep all of your hair up with one stick. besides who want to look like everyone else anyways
    "I cannot live without my life. I cannot live without my soul."
    Heathcliff

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

People in that age group can be mean at times. You can't let it get to you. Many don't understand personal style.
    Well, that's one year down since pixie. I have been knighted as 'turbo grower.'

Length
    18/26/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Aww, it sounds like you have a really cool friend. My coworkers know me as "the girl who never wears her hair down" and some women find it weird. I'm also the "scrunchinator" since I wear scrunchies. =)

I'm sure your hair and sticks are beautiful.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that you had to deal with some stupid jerks. Be proud of how awesome your sticks are!

Oh, and who said being weird was a bad thing?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Type
    2c/M/ii

Honey, I'm so sorry you had a rough day. Just remember they are teenage boys.. they wouldn't know normal (or cute or fashion or anything else useful) if they fell over it. They also don't know how to complement someone to save their life. At least they noticed enough to comment at all. So, be proud of your hair and your sticks.

Length
    8in/BSL/thigh
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

High school boys are mostly stupid. Very very stupid. Every once and a while there is a smart one, but frankly I'm almost 30 and I'm still waiting for the guys to be less stupid.

I'm sure that your bun looked super pretty with the hair sticks, and Bugger the boys at your school, wear your hair to please yourself, remember the LHC motto- I'm not here to decorate your world.
    APL-BSL-waist- Made it to waist, now moving to BCL There are pictures of my hair in my album

Length
    ear/apl/term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I would never go back to high school. Not even if you paid me. Sorry this happened, but if it's any consolation, I'm sure there were people admiring your hair, but you didn't hear / notice them. Do what you want, be proud. Don't worry about idiot boys.

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

I am a little uncomfortable about saying all teenage boys are stupid and fashion-challenged. I knew some amazing, brilliant, fashion forward boys in high school.

Clearly, however, these particular boys are a little immature (stupid is unfair).

I know it's easy for people to say to just ignore them and to do what you like but to tell you the truth, it really truly does not matter what they think. You find this out much later, but in the mean time I hope you will consider that so many of us know it to be true.

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

High school is a great time to start learning to assert your individuality! You'll spend the rest of your life hearing people say they don't like things about you and the sooner you learn to either think or even say "Yeah, I don't care what you like, I do this because *I* like it," the sooner you'll be on the road to being happy! People still say things to me about either my hair, my makeup, my glasses (lots of negative comments on those and they're AWESOME), etc...and I'm like "yeah ok. Don't care." :-D

Also, think of it this way. Would those stupid boys have noticed you if you weren't sporting something completely unique? Better to be looked over than to be overlooked, dear.
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist