Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of one last big cut....

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Thinking of one last big cut....

So I was thinking of getting some layers put into my cut, and then I got to considering the fact my hair is coloured (part henndigo, roots are semi perm dye), and the condition....it is not great.... If I cut it kind of jaw length, I should be able to get my natural colour, plus healthy virgin hair, by next year. I can then grow it one last time all natural - right now it takes quite a lot of cones to make it look ok, but it can 'look' like there is minimal damage. I know better however.....

Has anyone else done this and got any encouraging stories to share? I would keep all my hairtoys, and I know what this process will be like - that is why I'd not go shorter than jawlength.....

All suggestions welcome....
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Thinking of one last big cut....

All I know is there is very little in this world that would motivate me to cut to jaw length. If you feel you could enjoy it, then more power to you.

Length
    NL/WL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I cut my hair to jaw length last year and it took almost a year to grow it to APL. I hated the process, but only because I don't have naturally straight hair so the cut was not working for me. It was too short to put in a pony tail, and it just looked bad if I didn't straighten it lol. The outcome is worth it though, I guess. My hair is a lot healthier, but if the damage that I had before I made the decision to chop it off hadn't been so severe, then I would've never gotten it cut that short. Still, it all depends on whether you can make it work for yourself, so think long and hard about it.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think the real question here is: do you want jawlength hair?

If yes, cut to jawlength.

If no, maintain a longer style until the dye and damage are cut out.

When in doubt, cut less. Cut more if no longer in doubt.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    37/FTL/58
    Type
    1b/F/ii

If it were myself, I'd hold on the layers. I've heard growing them out is a pian, and there is limited updo's youi can do.
    “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”Philippians 4:13
    2016 Goal: thicken hemline | 2017 Goal: Possible calf length?
    From hip length Jan 2011 - > knee length (2016) -> Going for ankle 2018

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Personally, I'm growing out layers and bangs because I found them so annoying. I'll get them cut when I won't mind the length so much. (Last summer I had a chin length bob and never will do that again. Moment of madness) Anywho, I suppose just think of what you want and what's best for your hair and make your decision off that.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Personally I found chin length the hardest stage of growing out to handle. Its too short to keep it out of your way and so long it gets in your eyes and mouth... I have lots of layers now but I would rather have layers than go back to that hell.

Length
    10/28/32
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The only thing with cutting it jaw length is there isn't much variety in it. It just looks the same everyday since you can't put it up at all.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Its how you feel and if you are 100% sure then go for it; personally id never, ever, ever go back to that length. Too much like hard work!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    8.5"/19"/42"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I made the decision to chop to get rid of layers, and I'm now seriously regretting it. Layered hair looks just fine long, but short hair...well, it's always going to look short.