Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sock bun for shorties

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Lightbulb Sock bun for shorties

I do sock buns a lot, but always wanted to have some hairs comming out of the bun for a more casual look. This is what I came up with. Don't know if anyone has done it like this in the forum, I've seen the normal kind, and the "fully rolled".

It was inspired by MissySue's lovely signature (her first sock bun)

I hope the picture explains it, I made a small sock bun with hair from the middle of my head, then gathered the rest to be the "leave out" hair. I have barely length to cover the sock so normally my sock buns looked like this:

I'm very pleased with the outcome and I hope this was helpful for someone (especially shorties).

Thank you for looking.

PS. I did fix the sock showing.

ETA: I should have called this messy sock bun for shorties! There is really a lot of hair comming out.
    Last edited by Lianna; December 2nd, 2010 at 05:41 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Default Re: Sock bun for shorties

Sock buns are wonderful additions for your hair at about shoulder length. I've done them casual with sticky outy pieces and smooth as well. They're fun and make it look like you have more hair! Great job!

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rymorg2 View Post
    Sock buns are wonderful additions for your hair at about shoulder length. I've done them casual with sticky outy pieces and smooth as well. They're fun and make it look like you have more hair! Great job!
    They are easily done at shoulder length, but this way shorter lengths (not full SL/chin) can do it too. I have a TON of layers, only the bottom really reaches shoulder, and my pony-tail is really small. I hope people with shorter than shoulder try this, scrunchies can hold the ends, if elastic can't. I have a lot of hair, but I really hope I can help some shorties vary their hairstyle with this!

I would love to know if someone tries it!

Thank you for the "great job".

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Your hair looks very good like that.. Thank you for posting it. My hair is a little below APL but that is a good style to use at that length also.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by summerjade View Post
    Your hair looks very good like that.. Thank you for posting it. My hair is a little below APL but that is a good style to use at that length also.
    Thanks!!

I will have to try this, my hair is just at shoulder length and has a lot of layers, so far all I do is wear it up in a pony tail. I'm curious, how does it look when you take it down, I've seen people using this technique to curl thier hair. just wondering how it would look with shoulder lenght layered hair?

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

@autumn_pixie

Sock bun curls don't work at this length for me, but "loop bun" waves do! They look like this on me (I have lots of layers too):

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/417/imag1876.jpg

With 25 posts, you can see albums/profiles.

very pretty curls! my hair is very similar to yours, I'll have to try that!

I must post away then to be able to see pics and albums then...lol

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by autumn_pixie View Post
    I must post away then to be able to see pics and albums then...lol
    Yep. It's my favorite part of LHC. But if you post twice in a row in the same thread, I think mods will combine your posts and count as one.