Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I dry my hair quicker?

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Default How can I dry my hair quicker?

I am trying to give up blowdrying my hair, I only do it on warm from at least a foot away from my head but it blows out all my waves and whurls so I want to let it dry naturally.
    I get up at 4.30am so getting up earlier is not really an option as I am already not getting enough sleep.
    Before its suggested, NO I won't wash before bed, I have tried it MANY times and all I have to do is re-wash it in the morning as even wetting it will not coax it back to normality and then I am back to the problem of getting it dry before I go to work, I have around half an hour once I am out of the shower in the morning before I have got to leave for work, I can't have wet hair in the office, I won't wear it up as I don't like how it makes my face look even fatter. Yep' I am vain Also, I don't use any styling products as they make my ultra fine hair go sticky and crunchy.
    I am giving COing another go as it seems to like it when I do it using Nature's Gate Aloe conditioner or the Biotin one, so while its happy with that, I going to carry on doing it!
    Help!!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: How can I dry my hair quicker?

I've given up blow drying too, mostly because I want to protect my hair from the heat and tangle damage. This is how I do it:

When I finished showering, i put my hair in a towel turban for maybe 5 minutes. This really gets out alot of the excess water.
    Then run brush or wide toothed comb (very gently) trough my hair, just to get it absolutely tangle free. I do this brushing/combing a few more times through the drying process, as it helps to get air through my strands and help it dry faster. But most important is that I toss and flip and move my hair alot when it's drying (this also creates a little tangeling, that's part of the reason I use a brush/comb a few times to prevent damage). This makes the process so much faster than just letting it hang down my back. And it gives me a little more volume aswell.
    My hair is definetly dry within half an hour.

Not sure how this will work for curly hair though...

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Sounds good!

My hair has got quite a lot of whurls when it does its own thing but its very fine so I would imagine the moving it around would help quite a bit!
    I will give it a go in the morning!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/F/ii

I've read here that microfibre towels are very absorbent. I also agree with a few gentle shakes speeds up drying time, try upside down as well (I do this regularly as I don't use any towels whatsoever).

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I detangle my hair very well after toweling in a turbie twist. Then, I sit in front of a fan on low speed and gently run my fingers through my hair occasionally. This is great for me as my hair is naturally wavy but the waves don't normally look nice. When I run my finger through my hair like this, it gives the waves nicer shape.

Length
    SL+/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

This isn't very scientific, but I have the impression that my hair dries faster when I do an ACV. Maybe because it evaporates faster? Or is it just my imagination? What think ye all?

Length
    -/%/+
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Along the lines of what the posters above have suggested... when need be I stand/sit in front of a regular fan, finger-combing and kind of shaking it about after having gotten as much moisture out as possible with a towel. Works well.

Lady Legion of the Legendary Black Beast of Castle Aaughh;
    Order of the Long Hair'd K'nnnniggits

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I detangle in the shower, while drenched with conditioner. Afterward, I use a Turbie Twist for about 5 minutes or so to soak up the worst of the moisture and conditioner (I leave conditioner in my hair, which soaks it up), then I take an old t-shirt and make a turban out of that. Sometimes I'll take the t-shirt off, turn it over, and re-turban it using a drier part of the fabric.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I detangle in the shower, while drenched with conditioner. Afterward, I use a Turbie Twist for about 5 minutes or so to soak up the worst of the moisture and conditioner (I leave conditioner in my hair, which soaks it up), then I take an old t-shirt and make a turban out of that. Sometimes I'll take the t-shirt off, turn it over, and re-turban it using a drier part of the fabric.
    Exactly what I do!
    Drying in front of a fan also really speeds up the process

Length
    waist/TB/long

I second the fan idea. I generally let my hair air dry, but if I'm in a serious rush I set the large fan on high, making sure I'm just far enough from it that my hair cannot somehow be sucked into the fan. I always end washing with an acid rinse, either citric acid or white vinegar, which I don't rinse out, due to VERY hard water. I think maybe this does help it to dry faster.