Thread: Sophisticated updos?

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Sophisticated updos?

I was just wondering if any of you guys had some suggestions for a sophisticated updo for work, going out to eat at a restaurant, or any other places that involve dressing smart. Usually, I would just straighten my hair, but I would like to try something that isn't damaging to my hair for once.

Also, please don't suggest anything too fancy, because I'm just straight up awful at doing the most easiest things with my hair. Yes, even a simple braid.
    ~ I was forever staring at the tender blue veins along the inside of my wrists; fragile twigs trapped under ice. ~

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Sophisticated updos?

I'm a big fan of a simple bun with a hair stick. I wear that to work most days (along with french braids and the occasional braided ponytail). French twists are also very elegant, but I've never managed to do one myself. If your hair's long enough you may try a log roll. I love those. But they require a fair amount of length.

The French Twist or roll is pretty easy to accomplish and suits most occasions. The sock bun is awesomly neat, while the figure 8, infinity bun can carry any occasions.

Check out Torrin Paige's You Tube Videos, shes got lots of good updos for all occasions.

Length
    15/27/48
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Thanks for the heads up about Torrin Paige's videos on You Tube! I could have used these last year for a wedding. Thank you!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I second the sock bun and French twist suggestions. I wore a flower bun to work a few weeks ago and received a fair number of compliments.
    January 2012