Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how to do this style?

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Anyone know how to do this style?

Well if it even is a style i guess...? I am thinking about taking a ballroom class soon and its one of those "dress up" ones ya know guys in jackets girls in dresses and i was trying to think of a hairstyle that would fit. I dont want to be wearing my hair down because of damage and it would deffinatly be in the way of hold positions but having my hair all up and back looks too harsh. What i was thinking of is kind of like an upside down frensh twist, so instead of twisting up it would twist down and let the extra hair hang below it like a pony. I think it would be pretty and practical since it could be dressed up semi formal and hide a bit of my length. So anyone know how to do this? By the time i knew what a french twist was my hair was too long to do it, same with gibson though im still trying to make that one work . So i am pretty cluless any type of instruction would be very much appreciated as im kind of a dummy at this .

Thanks,
    Natalia

Length
    27/33/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Anyone know how to do this style?

You probably know how to make a french braid and stop it at the base of your scalp; well, if you make something like a rope braid instead of a french braid, then I think you will achieve this look. The braid is just a series of over and under passes, so you are just making a twist against your scalp, held together with a pony elastic at the base of the scalp, which can be covered with a piece of the tail, or a bow, etc...

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Actually, with your length you could make a regular French Twist, twisting up, and then when you fold the excess twist down, don't try to tuck the very ends in, leave them hanging out the bottom. I don't know if I explained that correctly, but maybe you can picture what I'm saying. I don't think you'd need to do an upside down twist for this.

Type
    1a/M/ii

You could put the hair in a high ponytail with a small band, then slide the band backwards away from your head for 4''-5'', and then twisting it twards the head so that the stretched hair is gathered around in layers (like in an oblong ball of thread), while the loose hair is hanging from the middle of the twist. then just pin the twist to the back of the head.

I hope my explanation makes some sense, I'm so lousy at describing things...

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by frizzinator View Post
    You probably know how to make a french braid and stop it at the base of your scalp; well, if you make something like a rope braid instead of a french braid, then I think you will achieve this look. The braid is just a series of over and under passes, so you are just making a twist against your scalp, held together with a pony elastic at the base of the scalp, which can be covered with a piece of the tail, or a bow, etc...
    Lol im actually lousy at french braids, cant do anythingmore than a three strands with my joints the way they are . Interesting idea about the rope braid i will give it a try but my hair is so thin i tend to end up with large patches of scalp showing . Worth a shot though

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    Actually, with your length you could make a regular French Twist, twisting up, and then when you fold the excess twist down, don't try to tuck the very ends in, leave them hanging out the bottom. I don't know if I explained that correctly, but maybe you can picture what I'm saying. I don't think you'd need to do an upside down twist for this.
    Maybe i need to work on my twists more but when ive tried twists i can ususally see right through it since my hair is so thin. I figured if i wasnt trying to shove so much hair in there you wouldnt be able to see through it? I will head over to You Tube and see if i can get a handle on this, occasionally long hair isnt as easy as short lol. I envy people who can do gibsons in under a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Kitten View Post
    You could put the hair in a high ponytail with a small band, then slide the band backwards away from your head for 4''-5'', and then twisting it twards the head so that the stretched hair is gathered around in layers (like in an oblong ball of thread), while the loose hair is hanging from the middle of the twist. then just pin the twist to the back of the head.

I hope my explanation makes some sense, I'm so lousy at describing things...
    Yeah im still trying to wrap my head around that..... do you mean like a topsy tail? If so im looking for something that takes up alot mor length so the end of the tail is above BSL, but topsy tails are cute .

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

If you look at the hairstyle section of the articles at the top of the page, there are many styles with great instructions to choose from.

one I really like is the summer flower bun. I think it would use up your length, plus make your hair look more abundant.

Length
    10/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Here's two ideas to achieve this style:

Quick and easy:

Sorry for the messy hair - of course you can do this more neatly, with a dressier hair toy...

Instructions to be found on the ficcare website (it's the french twist, just leave out the last step - tugging in the ends -)

And then there's this one:

Start as if for a french braid, i.e. gather some of your hair at the crown. Twist in one direction, say, to the right. Now add a little hair from the right side, make sure you add it under the twisted part. Take some hair from the left, this time crossing it over the twist and adding it then. Twist again, now including the bits of hair you have just added. Continue until you reach the nape. Tie with an elastic. You can add stability by addding pins of your choice horizontally into the twist.

My, it is hard explaning such things in a foreign language... It's really easy.
    On ne naît pas femme, on le devient.
    - One is not born a woman, one becomes one -

Simone de Beauvoir

Length
    mback/tbone/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The only thing I'd recommend, when you decide on a style, spin a few times very fast just to test how secure it is. You can build up quite some speed with ballroom dancing (even if you're not very advanced yet) and it's very annoying to have to stop your partner and redo your hair all the time or have hair toys flying around the ballroom

Good luck and have fun.
    Being who you are is the ultimate compliment to yourself ~ Secretmidnight
    My album

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahmoon View Post
    The only thing I'd recommend, when you decide on a style, spin a few times very fast just to test how secure it is. You can build up quite some speed with ballroom dancing (even if you're not very advanced yet) and it's very annoying to have to stop your partner and redo your hair all the time or have hair toys flying around the ballroom

Good luck and have fun.
    Did anyone else get a mental picture of this being a scene in the next Angelina Jolie action movie?

She's being attacked by bad guys, so she goes into a huge spin and hairsticks go flying out and stab the bad guys with pinpoint accuracy!

(maybe we ought to try to sell this idea to Hollywood!)

Length
    15"/24"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I have no ideas but I'm glad I read this thread for the last comments. I'm am giggling. he he