Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else shedding?

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Default Is anyone else shedding?

I think that I am getting my spring shed. Usually when my hair is dry my shed hairs seem to stay put until washday, but lately my hair has been shedding dry left and right.

This is great thsi means by the time that summer arrives; I will have added inches and more hair to celebrate!
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Length
    19/29.5/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Is anyone else shedding?

I just got out of the shower, and after combing my hair I wondered 'is everyone else shedding too?'

Length
    12/39/48
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I finally quit my shed... I swear I must have lost like half of my head of hair after my pregnancies. I'm glad it's over... now i have to deal with the new growth, which is very welcomed but still a little aggravating when trying to not look like a ruffled chicken nest.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoAsh View Post
    I finally quit my shed... I swear I must have lost like half of my head of hair after my pregnancies. I'm glad it's over... now i have to deal with the new growth, which is very welcomed but still a little aggravating when trying to not look like a ruffled chicken nest.

I'm also dealing with new growth after having a baby. I'm very happy to see it coming in, but it is so difficult to deal with. It seems like everything I try to get it to lay flat doesn't work. So now I'm just trying to learn to live with my funky halo.

Length
    17''/27''/31''
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

I am definitely shedding at the moment, I've recognized that I usually lose more hair in the autumn and spring so I am not overly concerned, sometimes I shed more if I haven't washed my hair for while or if I wear it up for prolonged periods of time.

Length
    23.5/29/37

I'm shedding right now but it's from Monistat (see my anniversary thread for the full explanation). I hope it stops soon!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightEyes View Post
    I'm also dealing with new growth after having a baby. I'm very happy to see it coming in, but it is so difficult to deal with. It seems like everything I try to get it to lay flat doesn't work. So now I'm just trying to learn to live with my funky halo.
    We are in the same boat, I got over my postnatal shedding, i was surprise that i still had hair on my head when that stop. Then the extra thickness and I am enjoying the continuous growth. I just need to tame this beast.

I need to get back to where I was before I had my lovely little bundle of joy ain't complaining it was all worth it.

I need to figure out what to do with this head of hair and get it to retain moisture. It can be very dry at times.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Haha--just thought this as I was combing out my wet hair I've been shedding for the past few weeks, as have my cats. Ugh....
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Quote Originally Posted by leentora View Post
    I need to figure out what to do with this head of hair and get it to retain moisture. It can be very dry at times.

Leentora, congrats on your bundle of joy! Aren't they so sweet? My hair has been really dry too, but I COed for the first time today and then put a tiny bit of coconut oil in as a leave in. All day I've had no halo, just pretty soft waves!!!! And my hair is sooooo shiny!

I think my hair must need more moisture than I have been giving it. I'm going to continue COing and hopefully my hair will finally be happy. Just thought I'd share.
    Last edited by BrightEyes; March 19th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.

Length
    7/11/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

haha I was thinking this while sweeping the floor this morning, noticing all the hair