Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO: I can't remember..on wet hair or dry?

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default CO: I can't remember..on wet hair or dry?

that's all
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Most people do it on wet hair I believe but some do it on dry. It's just a preference. I don't CO anymore but when I did it worked MUCH better on wet hair.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

You can do it either way. If I CO long-soak, I slop conditioner in dry hair. If I CO in the shower, I slop it into wet hair.

Just do what works for you.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I can get by with maybe 1/2 the conditioner if I do it on wet hair instead of dry. So that's what I do, unless I'm leaving it on as a deep treatment.

ETA: If you've got a lot of oil slathered on your hair that you want to get out, it'd probably come out better if you apply condish to dry hair. Otherwise, try it wet, see if it works.
    Last edited by Anje; March 7th, 2008 at 07:28 PM.

Length
    12/???/45
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

I find that CO cleans much better when I applied it to dry hair and left it to "marinate" for 20 minutes or so before I hopped into the shower. I had to use a ton of conditioner, but at a buck a bottle, I could easily afford it. I'm sure it's a YMMV thing, but applying to wet hair always left my hair icky and coated looking.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Space empty until further notice

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

There are lots of ways to CO, but here's my method. Wet hair in shower. Use a palm full of conditioner (White Rain or VO5) and gently massage it into scalp. Put heavier conditioner of your choice on length. Then wrap hair around hair & throw into a shower cap. Rinse it all out at end of shower. That works for me, but I usually shampoo once a week, though I have gone longer without trouble.

Length
    40/47/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I tend to do a heavy oiling the night before, then apply conditioner (looooots of it. I use vo5 for this) to the dry oiled hair. Then, unless i'm only letting it sit for 20-30min. I wrap my head in saran and let that soak for as long as I can, usually overnight. Hop in the shower, rinse, then I put a heavier condish on the wet ends in the shower. continue rinsing. After that, I put a light oil on the hair once out of the shower (one or two drops spread on the hands and smoothed over the ends)

Length
    15"/42”/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I wet my hair to wash mine. I use Dulci's method, where I wash/scrub it with my head upside down. It feels wonderful to do this, plus I believe that the extra massaging/stimulating of the scalp encourages more hair growth!
    Lady Violet of the Everblooming Flowers in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I CO in the shower on wet hair most of the time. When the mood strikes me, I oil my hair overnight, and then put the conditioner over top of that and leave it for an hour or so for a good soak. I cover it in a plastic bag and then a towel, so that it warms up a little.

There are as many ways to do it as there are people doing it.

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I slather up with an aloe/conditioner/oil mixture before I exercise with Gilad and jog with my dogs. Then in the shower, I rinse that out, "shampoo" with conditioner, rinse that out, condition it with honey - and maybe another bought donditioner - while I do my other shower stuff, then rinse that and top it all off with some sort of styling cream or gel.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15