Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair washing

Length
    2/5/LONG!

Question Hair washing

How do you wash your hair and how often do you wash it?

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

There are many different hair washing methods - you may have to try a few before you find the technique that works for you. It's the same with the frequency of hair washing. I used to wash every day, now I wash every second day, but I can't go longer than that because I have an oily scalp. Many members of LHC wash their hair only once or twice a week, and some don't wash their hair at all.

Here are a few washing methods for you to research - use the search function.

CO - Conditioner only
    S&C - Shampoo and Conditioner
    CWC- Condition - Wash with shampoo - Condition
    WO - Water only
    NW/SO - No water / Sebum only

-- Natalie

Length
    2/5/LONG!

thanks Natalie for your help

Length
    pixie/50?/70?
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Yesterday it was cold, so I loosely braided it, and washed just the top, crown to ears in the kitchen sink. I used shampoo cut with water (more suds) and added tea tree oil to it because my scalp is freaking out with its occasional psoriasis thingie.

This allows me to dry MUCH faster, and I use this method most of the winter.

Winter: weekly or less. Summer: every 4-5 days.
    May 2008: Natural waves, prior to drying, when it straightens out.
    Lady Nant Botanica of the Stubborn Jaw from the Land of Nees

Length
    < apl/calf/floor
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by saman View Post
    How do you wash your hair and how often do you wash it?
    Saman,

How about if you tell us a little bit more about yourself and your hair goals? There are many different ways of washing the hair. Is there something in particular that you are intersted in?
    Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

You can scalp wash as well, or even use "not shampoo" like shampoo bars (CV), or herbal teas (like i do), baking soda and ACV or even use clays or dry shampoo.

I will wash 1-2 times a week now because i finally quit (2 weeks notice still to go) my job so i don't need to wash after work every day ( i work at a pet shop) I used to wash 3-4 times a week.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

At the moment this is my routine:

Monday-Friday- Conditioner Only. One day of the week I do an Apple Cider Rinse to deal with scalp itchies.

Saturday- Shampoo/Condition. I usually condition with one of my more expensive or special conditioners. They seem to work wonders right after a shampoo.

Sunday- No wash at all. I don't need to wash my hair the day after I shampoo. Not to mention, I really don't have time to wash and air dry my hair before church. So, I throw it up in an updo and head out the door.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I shampoo and condition my hair every day. Once a week I use stronger shampoo that my scalp likes (for the moment it's T-gel) and the rest of the time I use L'oreal Vive Pro for dry colored hair (my hair isn't colored but it loves this). I scrub and message the shampoo on my scalp carefully and then I work the suds lightly onto my length.

My conditioner is always Vive Pro Smooth Intense for dry thick hair. I put in, comb it though and pin it up while I take the rest of my shower. Rinsing it out is the second to last thing I do in the shower (washing my face a second time is the very last thing I do ;D)
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

hmmm...I'm still trying to my niche with washing.Right now I'm trying CO with a lighter conditioner for the first C and a heavy conditioner for my last C.I try to make it to DD4 but usually only get to DD3.My itchies get the best of me.

Which reminds me I need to clarify soon....
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I shampoo daily. I use a rotation of either Queen Helene Mint Julep , creme of nature detangling, or baby shampoo.

I use a conditioner rarely, because even if used only on the length i get tons of hair fallout. Don't know why. But I condition maybe once a week, probably less.

Because i dont use conditioner a lot I always use a leave in conditioner, usually AtOne with nature or i use carrot oil.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!