Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is NOT what I had in mind

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default This is NOT what I had in mind

So today I decided I'd do a little extra pampering for my hair. It's wash day, and I mixed up some loosely interpreted SMT and brewed some tea to use in my vinegar rinse.

When I was mixing up my SMT, I used my finger to stir it, and since I didn't want to waste the product, I smeared what was left on my finger onto my hair. Thinking, "Oh, cool, pre-treatment! Brilliant!" I decided to smear a bit more onto my length and ends while still waiting for my tea to finish brewing/steeping.

Well, I was pretty generous with the honey in this stuff (remember I said "loosely translated" version?), so it made my hair pretty sticky, so I skipped my usual detangling before washing. No big deal, I thought, I'll just detangle when the conditioner's sitting in my hair, it'll be slippery anyway.

So, I washed my hair, turned off the tap, and began to apply the SMT type goop. It took me a good ten to fifteen minutes to detangle, because I had a whole lot of tangles since I hadn't started with detangling, and the sticky stuff made it so tangly to begin with. Once I was finally satisfied I'd detangled, and had slathered on another little glob of some regular conditioner (for good measure, you know), I went to turn on the water.

And that's where the fun starts. My water is apparently turned off. It's free with the lease where I live, so they must have started some sort of repair work or something. I turned both taps all the way, and nothing.

So what's a good LHCer to do in such a predicament? Turn it into an imprompt deep conditioning session, of course! I'm sitting here now covered in sticky conditioner, but my hair's all nicely wrapped up in a plastic bag, secured with a scarf while I'm waiting for the water to turn back on.

See?

Guess I'm getting a little more than I bargained for this wash... That is just my luck.
    Last edited by SimplyViki; July 27th, 2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added a smiley to cast the mood...
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    24"/31"/36"
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: This is NOT what I had in mind

Aw I hope your hair turns out nicely after what you went through!

Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

I don't mean to laugh, but...

This has happened to me MANY times over the course of my renting history. Go to rinse after brushing your teeth, water's off. Go to hose off the large amounts of shaving cream, water's off. Go to rinse out a deep treatment, water's off.

It's a good look for you though
    Back after a loooonnngg hiatus. 🌷Going Gray

Oh wow i am sooo sorry to hear that...If i were you i would have been very frustrated. but its funny in a way

Length
    3"/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

WOW.... that's a bummer. Good way to stay optimistic, though!
    From a shorty to a long hair, how long shall it take???

Lady Tisiphone of the Avenging Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    chin/tb/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Been there too. Look at it as a nice deep treatment.....you didn't have to be anywhere today, right? Maybe go all out and give yourself a manicure/pedicure while you wait.

And I'm with Coriander....that is a good look for you

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

It's OK to laugh, guys. I meant it to be funny, but forgot to add smileys to that effect. Yep, I was frustrated for a sec, but then couldn't wait to get on LHC to post about it!

Now my water's back on, after all the time spent writing, taking pics, uploading to photobucket...

So, off to finish my shower! So glad the water wasn't turned off for too long a time... I'm all sticky all over!!
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Least you weren't in the shower with soap in your hair when the water was shut off!

at least it is something that runs absoutly NO rish of harming your hair. It will be so soft when you are able to wash it out

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1a/F/ii

So how did your hair turn out?