Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 funny family reactions to share

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Talking 2 funny family reactions to share

Funny thing #1. I just recently found out that I married the one man on earth that doesn't love long hair. :P He doesn't like it super short on me -- reminders of the dread-ex. But just finally confessed what I've suspected for a while...now that my hair is hitting longer than is normal for around here...he prefers it would be a few inches shorter. Not planning on cutting it any time soon, and he's not asking me to...but good to know that when I get to my goal, and am ready for a change, he won't mourn my long hair. Looks like BSL is his ideal. I don't know yet what is my ideal. Need to give it another year or two.

And Funny thing #2. We've been teaching our toddler sign-language for fun. He only uses a few signs regularly and only says a handful of words, but is pretty good at getting his meaning across. This morning, he followed me into the bathroom while I was getting ready. He signed "brush" at me indicating that he wanted to look at my hairbrush that he knew was up on the counter since he'd seen me use it. He tends to use "brush" for lots of things, including furry animals. So to make his meaning 100% clear, after the normal sign for "brush" he modified the sign to indicate brushing long hair--he wanted Mommy's brush. Needless to say, he received the brush...and proceded to brush the cat with it. Sigh. (Luckilly he used the smooth back to brush the cat!)

innocentlookingprankster happylynngilmer's Avatar
    Length
    ???/31/35+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Needless to say, he received the brush...and proceded to brush the cat with it. Sigh. (Luckilly he used the smooth back to brush the cat!)
    Aw! That's too cute :}
    Lady Lynne of the Unquenchable Spirit in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

lol cute story
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Type
    3b/F/iii

Kids are great huh?

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My little one wants to brush his stuffed animals all the time, too. Luckily I have various pre-LHC hair unfriendly brushes he can use for whatever reason. Nobody's allowed to touch my favorite combs and brush.

Too bad you DH doesn't like very long hair. I think you just need to brainwash him. Show him pictures and videos of women with very long hair, talk about very long hair. Get him to join LHC. Eventually he would start to think your hair is not long enough and might even want to grow a bit of his own hair.

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    Too bad you DH doesn't like very long hair. I think you just need to brainwash him. Show him pictures and videos of women with very long hair, talk about very long hair. Get him to join LHC. Eventually he would start to think your hair is not long enough and might even want to grow a bit of his own hair.
    I think he doesn't like living with it. It's not that he doesn't think it's pretty on other people. Plus I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl...this enhances it. Mine is not the perfect, smooth straight kind of hair. It's the wavy, looks messy easilly kind and mostly I can't be bothered, so it's in a scrunchy bun at the base of my neck. Very chic, lemme tell you!

But, he'll never ask me to cut it. I just finally got him to confess his preferences. I had BSL when we got married, and shortly afterwards cut it to about chin-length and he LOVED it. So I think he's about it having a little bit of style and not being too inconvenient. :P

As for the 15 month old...he likes to use me like Rapunzel if I don't pull it back!

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thats really great you are teaching him sign. I regret not teaching my DD when she was that age. It definetly makes them less frustrated when they want something!!
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I love the story about your little one, not only because it's so cute, but that you're teaching him sign language. That's just wonderful!

As for DH, he'll soon learn to appreciate that the fact that your hair is different from everyone else is a good thing, I'm sure.

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

The signing is fun. He's not great at it, but he has tools when he needs them. His favorite sign is actually "signing time" -- the name of the dvd series we watch with him to help teach the whole family to sign! I don't know if we'll keep it up as he gets more verbal, but he adores the series (we copy them from the library), and we like learning it ourselves, so I think at least some will continue as he grows up. Plus it's getting pretty trendy, so lots of kids will know a little bit as they grow up. Should be fun.

As for DH, the long hair goes with our mutual hobby. He like the medieval thing, I want to have the hair that goes with it. It's still too short right now.

Length
    18/18/24
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

My current boyfriend has been the only one who didn't cringe when I expressed my love of long locks.

He was really supportive! ;O Even offered to help brush it.