Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme length or extreme thickness, what'd you rather go for?

Default Extreme length or extreme thickness, what'd you rather go for?

It's time for a new thread , ladies . I'm new in here and I see all the length-goal threads. So I wonder what you guys would go for if you guys could archive ONLY ONE of these two : extreme length and extreme thickness. Maybe it's just me but I'd go for extreme thickness. Growing up I never embrace it enough . As a kid I used to get my hair trim as thin as possible. But actually I love to have as much has possible to play with. I side shaved my hair and didn't regret it but I truly miss the thickness. I'd drop floor-length for some extra hair on my head . I also have the not long enough syndrome but it's not as severe as my thickness syndrome haha. Still debating on which hair length I should go for. Maybe WL first then I"ll see.
    Last edited by valkyrie90; September 5th, 2017 at 05:56 AM.

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Extreme length or extreme thickness , what'd you rather go for ?

I've always been more focussed on hair health than hair length, so I would drop extreme length goals for a healthy head of hair, and if that means thick then so be it!

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I would go for length. I have thick hair and it tends to get frustrating for a number of reasons.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Being a thin finey I would go for thickness any day.

Length
    sl/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Length for me!
    Proud mama and fiancée
    Chin length

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I think I remember a thread asking the same thing in the Poll boards.
    Anyhow, my hair is fine, which makes it ii thickness, despite there being a lot of it, so I don't really mind having an average thickness.
    I don't really appreciate short thick hair, it's just average hair to me, something anyone can have, and don't see thick short hair as prettier than average or thin short hair. Might even think a short cut looks even cuter with finer or thinner hair.
    So, definitely length over thickness. Knee length average hair is impressive, APL thick hair (IMO) is not.
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

No extremes for me. I would like my hair to be a bit thicker than they are, but not extremely thick. And i wouldn't be able to deal with extreme lenght either.

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

I have fine hair, but when completely dry it's extremely fluffy, and thick looking, so I'd opt for more length.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

A thought is that many of us probably have more control over length than thickness. To an extent we can encourage thickness but a i isn't likely to become a iii unless there is a medical reason for hairloss to begin with or something like that. Whereas if mechanical damage is minimized and hair is kept in decent shape, I think many can achieve what would be thought of as super long hair (by normie standards, not necessarily LHC standards ).

So to actually answer your question, I would say length over thickness for me personallY, bearing in mind that I currently have thickness but not length so grass being greener and all that , but also because I feel like that's something I have more control over and am therefore slightly less likely to obsess about for naught.

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

This really depends on how long the thick hair could grow, and how thick the long hair would be.

If the thick hair could only grow as far as, say, my shoulders? Nah, I need at least tailbone length hair to be happy these days. If the extremely long hair were only a 1-inch circumference ponytail? Then I'd also have to say no, out of personal preference. If given the choice between short-thick, long-thin, and my current hair forever? I'd keep what I have.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?