Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 years - 72 months - 312 weeks - 2192 days at LHC! Any questions?

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Default 6 years - 72 months - 312 weeks - 2192 days at LHC! Any questions?

Hello community!

I've been at LHC six years (as of tomorrow). While its nowhere near as long as some amazing gurus , it's been a great part of my life for what seems like a long time to me! I never would have grown my hair out this long without the support, camaraderie, and fun of a place like this.

In my time here, my hair has traveled through the uncertain territory of "is it knee?," the interminable abyss of calf, the rarely seen terrain of ankle, and now that it's beyond floor who even knows what's going on down there?

I've also met a number of delightful members, some still active, some no longer around much: GRU, Tea_Lady, Nae, LisaMonster, islandboo, young&reckless, piffyanne, Beatnik Guy, flip-flop, DaveDecker, spidermom, & lunalocks.

Do you have questions about my hair/styles/care/etc? Videos to suggest I make? I'll try to answer as best I can.

----
    Oh, and of course I have some pictures too:

and

and

-----
    Links to my earlier anniversary threads:
    5th

4th
    3rd
    ----

P.S. Those of you with good memories may remember me saying last year on my anniversary that I'd be cutting back to somewhere in thigh length before the next year. Yeah, clearly that didn't happen. Hair inertia is a powerful force in the universe! Where's that hair-science thread when we need it?
    Last edited by gossamer; May 22nd, 2018 at 01:20 PM.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Default Re: 6 years - 72 months - 625 weeks - 2192 days at LHC! Any questions?

312 weeks. Geez, where did that other number come from?!

Carys-Kitteh's Servant AZDesertRose's Avatar
    Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Congrats on the anniversary, gossamer! You have beautiful hair!
    Not quite APL -> APL -> BSL -> Mid-Back with compact-cut layers and holding a while-> ???

Length
    CBL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I love the photography! And your hair is sooo long and pretty
    What is your washing/conditioning routine like? What products do you use?

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Thanks AZDesertRose!

Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    I love the photography! And your hair is sooo long and pretty
    What is your washing/conditioning routine like? What products do you use?
    Also, thank you, Llama!

I wash probably once every 5-6 days. For example, this week I washed on Monday and will probably wash again tomorrow (Saturday).

I have a video about my wash routine here (Handling super long hair - pt 1 - wash routine chat), but the tl;dw version is as follows:

Detangle before shower.
    Fully dampen.
    Use Suave Ocean Breeze conditioner from nape down to mid back as protection from shampoo
    Shampoo (scalp only!) with full strength (but not a lot) of whatever shampoo my partner's been using lately (and they default to getting HE brand shampoos)
    Rinse clean.
    Condition from nape on down with a coney conditioner (Garnier Fructis varieties lately) using a bowl to help me distribute the conditioner throughout.
    Rinse clean.
    Rinse out bowl, fill with clean water and add a dash of vinegar, maybe ~1tbsp.
    Rinse scalp with vinegar water.
    Rinse.
    Squeeze water out of hair, wrap in towel (another video, wrapping after washing).
    Use Suave Ocean Breeze as leave in on final ~2ft of hair before tucking up into towel.

Okay... um, typing it all out like that makes its clear that my "low maintenance" hair is actually kind of high maintenance.
    Last edited by gossamer; April 8th, 2016 at 07:17 PM.

Length
    14/14/...?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Congratulations on another year! I remember seeing your posts about cutting back, but it's such a unique thing, floor length hair, that it seems a shame. It's your hair, your decision, of course, and I'm sure it's a lot of bother.

Coincidentally, looking at your previous aniversary thread, do you think you are approaching terminal finally? Is your growth slowing down?

Also, I think your avatar is great. I remember seeing it when I first joined the forum, or shortly there after and thinking wow.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Congratulations! I just noticed, you didn't cut your hair! I thought you were going to cut it to thigh length or something.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly~91 View Post
    Congratulations on another year! I remember seeing your posts about cutting back, but it's such a unique thing, floor length hair, that it seems a shame. It's your hair, your decision, of course, and I'm sure it's a lot of bother.

Coincidentally, looking at your previous aniversary thread, do you think you are approaching terminal finally? Is your growth slowing down?

Also, I think your avatar is great. I remember seeing it when I first joined the forum, or shortly there after and thinking wow.
    I'm really not kidding about having little idea about what's going on down there now that I'm past floor. It's tough to measure, so I've probably measured it only twice in the past year. Once it was 75", another time it was 77". Not sure what it is now.

It's funny, I took that avatar about a year before joining. I went back there a year or two after joining, attempting to take a new picture, and it wasn't better. If anything, the longer hair pooling on the ground made it look sloppier. I guess the lesson in that is that mid-thigh length hair can be a great photo prop too?

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    Congratulations! I just noticed, you didn't cut your hair! I thought you were going to cut it to thigh length or something.
    Haha, so did I! It's been a very full year from ~August until now and the fancy photos I want and the cut still haven't happened. No promises this year, but it's true I will eventually get back into thigh territory.

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I just love it. So inspiring. You forgot to mention hair idol to 6 year olds.
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter