Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scheduled a trim - Freaking out.

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Scheduled a trim - Freaking out.

I just scheduled my first trim since my big chop for this Saturday and I am seriously stressing about it. The lady I'm going to is the same one who used to cut my hair back before I was growing it out to donate. It was between APL and BSL and layered back then. She is a genius with layers. I actually went to her a couple of weeks after the chop just to get the layers blended a little better. I'm going to have her take just half an inch off the bottom and blend/even up the layers a little. She has hair almost to her waist herself and I have never had a problem with her cutting off more than I want. As a matter of fact when I had bangs she would refuse to cut them short and blunt because she didn't think they looked good on me (and she was right). So I'm sure she's going to do a great job, but I just can't help but feel a little queasy over the whole prospect. After kicking and fighting for the inches I've grown in the last few months even losing a little seems terrible. At the same time the layers could be improved and half and inch off the bottom would make the ends look nicer. Plus, this trim should see me through to summer quite nicely, so better to do it now so I can enjoy the grow out process until then instead of stressing about bad layers and wonky ends all spring.

*sigh* We all know I'm still going to freak out about it every day until then, but I figured getting it out would help some.

Next Goal: Mid-Back Length with even layers. (Probably around Christmas)
    Hoping for waist length by Spring Break!
    Grow, Baby, Grow!

Length
    ~21/31/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Scheduled a trim - Freaking out.

Haha I just schedules a trim and am a bit nervous too! I do want to freshen my ends so they will be nice for the rest of the year as well Like you said it will make growing it out more enjoyable instead of fussing over dry ends.
    | CBL | SL | BSL | MBL | WL+ | HL |

Length
    Chin/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Even though a trim will set back your growth a little, it will improve the quality of your hair. You will have to cut some of the growth anyway, so fighting for these inches wasn't for nothing, it was to improve your hair.

It seems like you have made the dicision to cut already. Now: what you need to do is trust your own decision. You'll be allright. It seems like you have a great hair dresser and she'll do fine. Try to relax a bit and focus on something else. It's only hair. *hugs*

Length
    BSL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I'm always happy after a trim. Never sad to lose the length because the fresh, even ends are so great. I was just a few millimeters away from hips, cut 1.5" off and I don't regret it a bit. It's looking much better now!
    1a/m/ii, going to classic!
    Ficcare Database - send me your photos by PM!

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Thanks guys, you're the best! I love coming here. I'm a spaz by nature, but you all make me feel a little less like a freak for it. I'll be sure to let you know how the trim goes.

Grow, Baby, Grow!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

The pre-trim anxiety! Do you have any Xanax? Maybe take a half?
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

You can always cancel!!!

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

You wiill be ok, sounds like you are in good capable hands Wish i had fresh ends but im going to wait another two months before doing a trim. Good luck and make sure to brag

sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~ mbl ~ wl~
    hip~ tbl ~ classic!

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hairpleasegrow View Post
    You can always cancel!!!
    LOL, no, don't tell me that! She's going to do a deep conditioning treatment and show me some easy hairstyles, so I really want/need to go. If I cancel I am going to be so annoyed with myself.

Grow, Baby, Grow!

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by swearnsue View Post
    The pre-trim anxiety! Do you have any Xanax? Maybe take a half?
    I'm promising myself sushi and noodles after for a treat. So that's what's getting me through. I have a sedative to take for panic attacks on top of my nightly anxiety stuff. I may take one a couple hours before hand just for good measure.

Grow, Baby, Grow!