Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hat Hair (styles)

Default Hat Hair (styles)

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for hairstyles that can fit under a baseball hat? I work at a restaurant in the mornings, and we are required to wear caps at all times. Immediately after work I have to run (well, power-walk as fast as I can) to class. I have to rock whatever was going on under my hat for the rest of the day, since I have no time to do anything but run for it! (Luckily, I prefer a more artfully disheveled look - which is what I tell myself my chronic hat hair looks like. :P ) I have just reached BSL length, and I am making a real effort to keep my hair up, but I am getting tired of a French braid or an English braid every day. My hair is fine but thickish, so just sticking a bun through the hole in the back of the cap doesn't work - there's just too much hair. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even the simplest ideas would be great - I am just getting sick of having the exact same hairstyle every day.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Hat Hair(styles)

A Hypno bun is quite flat on the back of the head, maybe try that?
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Heidi braids (you don't actually need hair elastics at the start of each braid), or a fake crown braid would probably fit under a hat.

Oooh, the hypno bun is cool-looking, too! I'll give that a shot. I'm a little bun-challenged, it seems, but it does look flat enough, thanks!

Didn't even think of Heidi braids - those will definitely fit under my hat, thank you!

Type
    2b/M/iii

Perhaps a combination braid..that is lace braid each side, join in the middle, French braid down to the ends.

A lace crown braid might work too.

I remember trying the combination braid a while ago, and I couldn't get the "joining the braids" part to look very nice, and then I got annoyed and gave up, and forgot all about that style, haha. But I have become much better at braiding since then, so I'll give it another go. And it will definitely fit under a hat. Thank you!

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

A plain cinnabun, held with spin pins is the flattest style I know. That should also fit under your hat.

Length
    -/BCL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Perhaps a tucked french braid could work. The flattest style I know is the braided flutterby (torringpaige). I dont know if Your hair is long enough for them, but it may be worth a try.

Length
    hmm./APL+/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

See if you can get a larger ball cap so your hair isn't getting mushed? And then maybe swap for a cute hat for class? It's winter after all!

I don't think it's long enough for a real flutterby, but I could probably work out a decent-looking half/fake. Maybe just leave a bit at the bottom loose, braid it and then wrap that around the half-one. I've never heard of that hairstyle before - it's so neat-looking. Thank you!