Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting my own hair?

Default Cutting my own hair?

I've noticed by posts that many LHC members cut their own hair. Is there a tutorial or instructions that someone could post a link to? I am interested in trying this.

TIA.

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Cutting my own hair?

Here's the method a lot of us use:
    http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com

Look up Feye's self trim on youtube, and you can see lots of examples.
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com

Thank you Vrindi. I appreciate it. Do you also know where I can find instructions for S&D for the proper way to trim my split ends?

Length
    SL/BSL/HL
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

When I do a serious S&D I usually put my hair into little sections and skim through them. I start out by twisting them up and looking for split ends poking out ( remember to only cut the split ones!) then I look through the ends. Honestly though, most of my S&D is done halfheartedly while watching tv. S&D can get pretty addicting, so I suggest setting limits for how often you do it.

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I use the same method as Shizuku (twisting sections of hair and then snipping off the split ends that poke out). However, I trim once a month on the new moon so that I don't go crazy with split-end trimming.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    27/29/30-35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I've never cut my own hair because I'm super afraid to mess it up! But maybe I'll try that Feye method someday... For now, I have a hair stylist best friend, so she trims me for free

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Check out the CREACLIP[demos on utube]you can cut different[blunt,u,v] hems,bangs,layers,short and long hair.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

For split ends, I braid my hair into at least twin braids and then check my braids periodically. The split ends that poke out are easier to isolate and snip off than when I try to search and snip through my loose hair.

For layered ends, I use the compact layering method of putting my hair into a ponytail on top of my head. I use a second pony-tie to slide down the length (tightening as needed) until I get to the amount that I want to cut off.

Fo non-layered ends, I part my hair down the middle, and comb each side smoothly and evenly forward to combine into one ponytail under my chin. Then I close a child's cardboard book over my ponytail and slide it down until the amount that I want to cut off is sticking out the bottom of the book. I cut it straight across and get a slight U shape when my hair is loose.

Length
    Bob/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I use the creaclip and I love it.

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by roboeyes View Post
    I've never cut my own hair because I'm super afraid to mess it up! But maybe I'll try that Feye method someday... For now, I have a hair stylist best friend, so she trims me for free
    Awesome you have someone to trim your hair!

Cutting your own hair is a little scary at first, but if you try it, just take a tiny bit off. Less than an inch. If you've really messed it up, it won't be noticeable and you won't have to lose much to have it fixed. But being able to trim yourself is pretty liberating, I think. It's nice to know you don't have to be at the mercy of a scissor-happy stylist.
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com