Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ingenious or reprehensible?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Ingenious or reprehensible?

I was driving around the other day and got stuck at a train crossing. I started scanning my hair, which turned into an impromptu search-and-destroy effort. I found some lovely split ends, but realized I didn't have any scissors. Then genius (or insanity) struck. I put one of the split ends between my incisors and snipped it right off. My teeth were amazingly good at cleanly severing individual split ends.

The cuts look clean to me, but is this a good idea? bad idea? or something that I should only do in secret and never tell anyone about?

Length
    Chin/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Well you just told all of LHC I do this once in awhile but I try not to make a habit out of it or else that's all I would be doing.
    Starting over current length: BSL...GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Since I have a tendency toward mild OCD I try to keep things out of my mouth or I might develop a nasty another habit.
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Length
    25/28/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've done that, it seems to work really well... but make sure strangers don't see you putting your hair in your mouth. Remember, to some people it might seem a bit strange.

mythical equestrian Lady Godiva's Avatar
    Length
    54in./76in./74in.
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Les, I've done that in a pinch (pun intended). Usually I keep a pair of mustache scissors in my purse and use them.
    My Articles: Log Roll Tutorial, Infinity Bun Tutorial - original site

Floor Length Hair: 1a F iii --- avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

If the cut is truly a clean cut, then it should be fine. But I think it would be difficult to tell without a magnifying glass...?

My understanding is that anything other than a clean cut leaves the hair more vulnerable to splitting.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I do that, but I'm afraid the cut isn't as clean as it looks. After all, a single hair cut with dullish scissors usually looks pretty good too, at least at first.

At the same time, I resist getting a pair of mustache scissors to carry along. If I'm able to trim splits away from home, I might start doing it everywhere...
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lora410 View Post
    Well you just told all of LHC
    We're all friends here and don't mind sharing our most atrocious secrets

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll try it sometime I have a magnifying glass handy and see if the cut is really is as clean as it appears to the naked eye.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

i do this sometimes too, ive also pulled the end of the split out in desperate times!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    28/32/36
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Eek! Yes I have done this, only with the most juicy ones though. I am afraid I will not be able to find them again. I also do this with fairy knots. I know it is not as nice as a good pair of scissors, but my rationalizing is that if it gets lost in the mayhem of my hair and life, I may forget about it, and splits in my hair mean massive tangles etc..