Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it growing?

Length
    ?/66cm/80ish
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Default is it growing?

Ok so I have many problems with my hair and pics are in my albums. The album labeled "is it growing" are the older pics and the other album has pics taken today.

1) I dont know if its growing any longer? Actually, it looks shorter to me (see pics) One reason for that could be because I started S&D'ing when i joined LHC and I found that I had and still have a lot of them which travel quite high.

2) It has become curlier and no I did not want that.

3) It is still very frizzy and dry and even though it may look thick, trust me it is just very "poofy".

I just looks and feels ugly to me and you guys can be honest and tell me that. any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: is it growing?

It looks to me like the very center-back is about the same length but the sides are longer. It would be easier to tell, I think, if you had two pictures, past and present, side by side.

Length
    23.5/29/37

I agree with spidermom. Try putting the pics side by side. Do you measure with a measuring tape at all?

Length
    Pixie/31/35
    Type
    1c/F/ii

It looks longer than in the oldest picture.

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

it may be because you snipped off a lot when you S&D'ed. I know my hair only grew 1/2" this month because I continuously S&D'ed my hair. it's also because your hair got curlier like you said. but it does look shorter, you had hip length hair and now it's back up to waist-ish

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I think your hair is lovely and yes it does look a tad shorter to me in your latest picture, however I think this is an illusion due to your hair looking slightly curlier, it would make your hair appear shorter (like your length is anything but long!). I bet if you measured with your hair stretched, you would be pleasantly surprised at just how much length your hair has grown!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

The curlier it gets, the harder it will be to get a good length measurement. Try pulling it straight and measuring now, and then come back in a couple of months and do it again. That won't give you an accurate measurement of the "appearance" of your length with the curls, but it will definitely ease your mind as to whether it's actually growing.

For the record, I think the curls are fantastic, and all your photos are beautiful.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    ?/66cm/80ish
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by camirra555 View Post
    I agree with spidermom. Try putting the pics side by side. Do you measure with a measuring tape at all?
    I measured when I joined LHC and never after that nor do I plan to. I like using body parts to measure and also because I am lazy .

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I think it looks a bit shorter in the new photos, but it's hard for me to tell as it kind of melds into your dark colored shirt. But it definetly looks curlier, and that would eat up your length.

I think it's gorgeous!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote s tresses
    It just looks and feels ugly to me and you guys can be honest and tell me that. any suggestions/comments are welcome.

You do not have ugly hair!

I think your hair is very very beautiful! I would die for your curls and thickness! You have thudworthy hair!

Your hair has grown so much from the first picture.
    I think the new picture looks alittle shorter due to your curls. But it has grown alot
    Last edited by janeytilllie; April 9th, 2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling