Page 1458 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 45895813581408144814561457145814591460146815081558 ... LastLast
Results 14,571 to 14,580 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    Thanks! Yes, better to try one strand, but I'm not sure if I would have patience to wait several weeks. But, I guess with brown over virgin light brown just cant go wrong.
    Probably as long as it's not too much darker and not too different in undertones, you should be fine . You have already put a lot more thought into it than most would do!
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    2 years dye-free!

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    My long term goal is waist, where I would maintain. Personally, BSL and waist are close, due to my height, or lack thereof.:p
    We have the same goal at the moment! :) I'm thinking, if my hair can get there, it would be a good place to maintain for a while as well, and then decide what to do next. I'll see if it will be still easy enough to wear it loose, I don't want to give that up, but also easier to put up. I've read about members who can wear +- hip length loose, but that may be more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    I've got an idea to dye my hair dark brown, but only partly ( few strands), in a way of underlights. I've seen some beautiful pictures on internet with daring colours and I can't stop thinking about trying similar patern but with dark brown. I have never had dark brown hair, and now I want to try. Only I'm not sure which shade exactly to chose. I'll give myself few days.
    Oh, I love underlights!! I have a simpler version of that, a few strands at nape, not the whole layer. If my hair wasn't really dark brown already, I would have done a dark version of it, too, just to avoid bleaching. :)

Ynne, nice, which colour are your strands? Do you dye them regularly?

I couldn't find nice semi, so I've ordered permanent. I hope the darker will wash out a bit in time. Maybe if I use less developer? I'll test that, anyway.
    There will be two shades: cocoa and caramel.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Ive not really dyed my hair brown or with semis I'm not sure how brown would fade out

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Agava, at first I just bleached them, but now they are pink-ish! I think upkeep will depend a lot on the contrast between your hair and the underlights, and how neat you'll want it. For me, roots growing in aren't too annoying since it's at the back, and I think they are most noticable in high buns. In low updos, the underlights are subtle; like in the second photo, when it was still just bleached. :) And they can be visible in buns, too (third photo).

ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    Agava, at first I just bleached them, but now they are pink-ish! I think upkeep will depend a lot on the contrast between your hair and the underlights, and how neat you'll want it. For me, roots growing in aren't too annoying since it's at the back, and I think they are most noticable in high buns. In low updos, the underlights are subtle; like in the second photo, when it was still just bleached. And they can be visible in buns, too (third photo).

Oh, nice photos! You have lovely hair, ynne. The third photo is so interesting, I like the way the colors swirl in your updo.

You and Agava have me thinking about under-lights. I would do them close to my natural brown, or a bit darker. Hmmm

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Ive not really dyed my hair brown or with semis I'm not sure how brown would fade out
    I have dyed my hair with every shade of brown that was ever made (semis and permanent) and they all faded to some degree. For some reason they always ended up with reddish tones.

I really like your new avatar, bat.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I have dyed my hair with every shade of brown that was ever made (semis and permanent) and they all faded to some degree. For some reason they always ended up with reddish tones.

Thank you! It's one of my favorites and perfect for Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    Agava, at first I just bleached them, but now they are pink-ish! I think upkeep will depend a lot on the contrast between your hair and the underlights, and how neat you'll want it. For me, roots growing in aren't too annoying since it's at the back, and I think they are most noticable in high buns. In low updos, the underlights are subtle; like in the second photo, when it was still just bleached. And they can be visible in buns, too (third photo).

Looks very interesting. And that effect I want also, that the colours aren't seen much when the hair is down. But I'm going to involve more hair. Still haven't decided what pattern and thickness of layers.

It's good if they fade, even slightly.
    I assumed too, that brown would turn reddish, for which I wouldn't like how matches with me and my face, but I forgot that those strands will be placed only behind, while on the front I would still be me.