Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does your hair take to dry?

Length
    BSL/BSL/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default How long does your hair take to dry?

My hair takes about two hours to air-dry. :X I only take showers at night because of this, since if I take one in the morning I don't have time to style it with anything without blow-drying it or other damaging things. My hair is almost to hip length now. YAY!

So how about you guys? How long does your hair take to dry?

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: How long does your hair take to dry?

2 and half to 3 hours, depending on if I used leave in conditioner, then its 3 hours. But, my hair has some heat damage left over and is dyed, so its decently porous. Without all of this, it might take longer...(scary scary thought). I hear you, i take showers at night because of this and hate the feeling of wet hair for so long...I usually try to prolong times between washes for this reason.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    BSL/BSL/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    2 and half to 3 hours, depending on if I used leave in conditioner, then its 3 hours. But, my hair has some heat damage left over and is dyed, so its decently porous. Without all of this, it might take longer...(scary scary thought). I hear you, i take showers at night because of this and hate the feeling of wet hair for so long...I usually try to prolong times between washes for this reason.
    Oh I know! Whenever I can, it's so nice. I take about half the time in my shower, and I don't have to worry about my hair getting all wet.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

A looooong time. 8 Hours? I usually shower before bed and it's still slightly damp when I wake up. I will admit, though, that I put a ton of leave-in conditioner as part of curly girl method. However, I remember the same issue from when I was a kid and there were no leave-ins in sight.

Weird thing? My hair looks dry in about 5 minutes. The canopy changes color from black to light brown. If you didn't know my hair and what it looks like, you'd swear it was almost completely dry.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    A looooong time. 8 Hours? I usually shower before bed and it's still slightly damp when I wake up. I will admit, though, that I put a ton of leave-in conditioner as part of curly girl method. However, I remember the same issue from when I was a kid and there were no leave-ins in sight.

Weird thing? My hair looks dry in about 5 minutes. The canopy changes color from black to light brown. If you didn't know my hair and what it looks like, you'd swear it was almost completely dry.
    You must have TONS of hair ! But, leave ins affect dry time I believe, although from what you said, it may just be your hair? Its funny you say your hair looks dry so fast because my ends dry faster, but the actual length and scalp stay damp/cold feeling forever.....

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

You might find this thread/poll to be of some use:
    http://www.longhaircommunity.com/for...ad.php?t=30047
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rufflebutt View Post
    Oh I know! Whenever I can, it's so nice. I take about half the time in my shower, and I don't have to worry about my hair getting all wet.
    Then comes the problem of stuffing my hair into a claw clip...it doesn't like to coroperate. And normally, doing this makes my hair mad and flip in wierd ways. My secret to stretching washes to 4-5 days is lots of product! Well, not tons, but I often use a little mousse in the morning, maybe a bit of cocoa powder(I haev dark hair) on day 3, then I'll put some oil on the ends before wash day and curl cream at any time. its all tiny amounts (think a dime size of cream, a tiny puff of mousse) but it keeps my hair looking fresh and wurly so I can feel like it looks nice and clean, and it does for quite a while.

Length
    clrbn/mdbk/tbl??
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Probably about 6-7 hours , I guess it's because my hair diameter is 7 inches and I'm a wurly/curly? It's kind of annoying though!
    Bring on waist!
    *APL* BSL*MIDBACK*WAIST*HIP*TAILBONE*

Length
    short/50 in/Term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

It would take at least 6 hours for it to air dry, but I end up putting it in an english braid before it is completely dry.
    http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh620/saffy2yrs/ ~Hair Album~password LHCforum
    Lady Aethelwyne Of The Flying Circus! ~ Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

If I let it just hang to dry...atleast 5 hours. If i wash it at night it's still damp in the morning when I get up. If I braid it...it takes forever