Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWC question

Length
    23/30/31
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Question CWC question

This may have been asked before, but tonight while I was washing my hair I thought of a technical question to all those who CWC.. and, I guess also those who don't.

CWC stands for Condition Wash Condition, correct me if I'm wrong.

But users who try this method don't actually stop there as the name implies, do they?

In reality, they Condition Wash Condition Wash, right? They don't just leave the conditioner in their hair the second time and go on about with a head full of conditioner.

I think CWCW would be a more fitting name to this method, as that's what is actually done if I'm not mistaken.

Discuss.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: CWC question

The "wash" bit usually constitutes a shampooing. Conditioner, then shampoo over it to help lessen the strength of the 'poo, then some nice and good conditioning after. Like condition the length, shampoo the scalp, have the suds wash down and then rinse it all and follow with a full conditioning bit. Adds a bit of protection for some.

Length
    23/30/31
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Oh, I see now. So it's actually Condition Shampoo Condition? CSC?

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I do CWC, and no, I don't wash twice. I do rinse the second conditioner out with water, but I don't count that as washing. For me it's: put conditioner on my length, shampoo scalp, rinse, put conditioner all over, rinse.

I guess if you wanted to note the rinsing in the acronym it would have to be CWRCR, and that's just too long!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It's condition - wash with whatever you choose to use in addition to conditioner, whether it's soap, shampoo, baking soda, whatever - rinse - condition again - rinse. Sometimes I don't rinse the second application of conditioner out. My hair needs all the moisture it can get.

Length
    23/30/31
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Thank you for the input ladies.

Wash seems like a faulty term here to me, since you can "wash" your hair with water, (which would make it CO method instead) or just about anything else you want under the sun, including more.. or a different, conditioner.

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by edensapples View Post
    Wash seems like a faulty term here to me, since you can "wash" your hair with water, (which would make it CO method instead) or just about anything else you want under the sun, including more.. or a different, conditioner.
    Actually, that would make it WO if you were washing only with water. I think "CWC" is fitting and not at all faulty if you condition first, then wash (with whatever you choose) then follow with a final conditioner. If you're washing with conditioner then that would be CO and you can always follow that CO with a final conditioner and still consider it CO.
    Last edited by chrissy-b; May 3rd, 2009 at 09:46 PM.
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Way back when Martine, coined the phrase, the "wash" part of CWC was meant to be some kind of a shampooing. Many of us do a scalp wash with diluted shampoo after coating the length with conditioner. That is all rinsed out and then a second conditioner is applied. I'm one who can't get enough conditioner so this works well for me.
    Last edited by Carolyn; May 3rd, 2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: punctuation

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    APL/BSL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

When I CWC I only use my schampo once.I apply conditioner to my ponytail and wash my scalp with schampo.After that I rinse and then apply my second conditioner.That is how I do my CWC.Good luck to you!

Length
    23/30/31
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy-b View Post
    Actually, that would make it WO if you were washing only with water. I think "CWC" is fitting and not at all faulty if you condition first, then wash (with whatever you choose) then follow with a final conditioner. If you're washing with conditioner then that would be CO and you can always follow that CO with a final conditioner and still consider it CO.

I think there is a valid point to be made about the language used here. What if I use conditioner, then "wash" it with a conditioner + shampoo.. then condition. I am actually "conditioning" my hair in all three steps, by your thinking.

In my opinion "moisturize, clarify, (or something similar) moisturize" would better describe, and also create a bigger umbrella for "washing" agents to fall under. (soapnuts? do they condition, wash or both?)

Does one not "wash" their hair after a henna application? They may not use shampoo, they may not use conditioner for that matter, but it is washing. I'm not saying that this would be CWC, only that the language leaves room for misunderstanding.

It may not change a thing, but I am of this opinion.
    Last edited by edensapples; May 3rd, 2009 at 11:51 PM.