Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is it normal?i shed only 10 hairs maximum everyday and i have no tangles.

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default is it normal?i shed only 10 hairs maximum everyday and i have no tangles.

so since i changed my routine my hair stopped falling all of a sudden,80% of the time when i comb not even a single hair falls.on washing days,(although i have curly hair,don't use any conditioner just shampoo and don't use leave-ins or comb my hair when wet)still,hair never gets any tangles.is it weird?of course i'm happy with it but it happened suddenly as it started 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by amiraaah; January 31st, 2018 at 09:21 AM.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: is it normal?i shed only 10 hairs maximum everyday and i have no tangles.

May I know what your routine is? I shed about 100 a day, argh
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: is it normal?i shed only 10 hairs maximum everyday and i have no tangles.

Lucky, lucky you!

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboo123 View Post
    May I know what your routine is? I shed about 100 a day, argh
    of course,you can but it's really simple and i will tell you in detail.
    i wash every 5 days,i oil my scalp with an indian warm oil"trichup"and leave it overnight,i don't know if it's available in any country.my father bought it for me from an indian store in saudi arabia and it's amazing for me really i have no dandruff now(i can show you the ingredient list for sure if you are interested and show the bottle too).i wash with lukewarm water with v05 diluted with water and put a part of aloe vera gel sometimes.i stopped using conditioner completely it breaks my hair i don't know why but it does and i use rice water as a conditioner instead but not every time.the final rinse is with cold water and i put my hair in a shirt turban and leave it like this for an hour or 2 untill it's 80% dry then i start combing with a wide-tooth comb (i will show you the comb too if you want)from the bottom and move my way up and then put it in a ponytail.before i sleep i comb really gently and put it in a lose braid never in a tight one.
    i feel it's long so to summarize what's new?oiling my scalp-no conditioner-diluted shampoo-wide tooth comb-loose braid when sleeping.

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    Lucky, lucky you!
    i'm really happy it has never happened to me before.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I think it can be normal. Years ago before my actual sheds started, this is how much (how little) I would shed too. I'd pull out a few hairs randomly during the day and nothing during my shower.

It could however be that a lot of your hair entered a certain stage either anagen (growing) or resting and so you might have several weeks or months or longer with very little shed for it to suddenly come back when all the hair that started growing at the same time also sheds at the same time. But that doesn't mean that's what this is. Since you changed your routine and noticed less shed in concurrence with the changes that seems pretty cause and effect to me.
    Last edited by divinedobbie; January 31st, 2018 at 01:34 PM.

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by divinedobbie View Post
    I think it can be normal. Years ago before my actual sheds started, this is how much (how little) I would shed too. I'd pull out a few hairs randomly during the day and nothing during my shower.

It could however be that a lot of your hair entered a certain stage either anagen (resting) or growing and so you might have several weeks or months or longer with very little shed for it to suddenly come back when all the hair that started growing at the same time also sheds at the same time. But that doesn't mean that's what this is. Since you changed your routine and noticed less shed in concurrence with the changes that seems pretty cause and effect to me.
    thank you for responding,i think it's the routine because i used to shed a lot to the point that my mom never stops complaining of finding my hair everywhere.so i went from the extreme of normal shedding to it's minimum suddenly and not gradually.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Raising your own tail, huh, HUH????

Just kidding, though. You are very lucky to have found a routine that is loved by your hair

And for the record, i am not envious at all. I only shed a 100 hairs every day
    And yes, it is Completely normal for your hair to not tangle and not shed, if it is well cared for.
    Last edited by Stray_mind; January 31st, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    MBL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

From your post, assumed this was years of an evaluation of your hair’s pattern. You mentioned 80% of the time when you comb not a “single” hair falls. I’m not in disbelief but is extremely unusual. How often do you comb? Once daily? Every two days? Three times a day? Just wash days? What is 80% of the time? Some people comb every night and will lose hair at that time, it may be 10 hairs. But let me ask, what about hair you don’t see fall? What if it’s 25 in total? Some hairs are long, some are shorter. If you believe the new hair care routine changed something, see if this pans out in 6 months. I personally would not take 2 weeks as a hard fast rule that your hair has changed its religion. Not yet.

Hair fall can vary just in the normal dynamics of the hair. There can be a week or so where you can lose 10-30 hairs and the following month have a week of 50-100. I do agree with divinedobbie that hair being in different phases can affect shed. About 85% of hair is normally in the anagen phase (growing), the remaining 15% is resting and starts to fall in about 3-4 months (catagen). 85% of that growing hair will start entering the catagen phase at any given time. Hair does not synchronize itself in 10’s or 20’s. Each follicle has its own independent life.

Save your hair vitamin money and put into a retirement fund. That's growth.

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Raising your own tail, huh, HUH????

Just kidding, though. You are very lucky to have found a routine that is loved by your hair

And for the record, i am not envious at all. I only shed a 100 hairs every day
    And yes, it is Completely normal for your hair to not tangle and not shed, if it is well cared for.
    thank you i hope you find your own holy-grail routine.