View Poll Results: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

Voters
381. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can do that at my current length.

143 37.53%
  • Yes or I used to be able to, but it slides right out.

74 19.42%
  • No, but I used to be able to do that when my hair was longer.

16 4.20%
  • No, but I used to be able to do that when my hair was shorter.

7 1.84%
  • No, my hair's never been long enough to try.

53 13.91%
  • No, I didn't even know that was possible.

68 17.85%
  • Well, my cheese holds everything all together pretty well, thankyouverymuch.

56 14.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

I can tie my hair in a knot by itself, and I've seen a few other members who can do something similar, so I'm wondering how many can.

Oh, and uh... I clicked the box that says "yes, post a poll", but this is my first poll, so please excuse me if it takes me a couple tries to get it right.

ETA: Woohoo, it worked! Feedback on poll effectiveness is welcome.

ETA2: Oh hey, while we're at it, if you can make one, why not post a picture of yours in the thread? I'll post mine.
    Last edited by SimplyViki; August 18th, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    chin/MB/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

I can't, but my SIL can, she makes it look beautiful too. I am looking forward to being taught how to when I get to her length.

She practices midwifery and her pinless, knotty bun stays up even delivering babies.

Makes me a bit jealous actually, I have to stick so many pins in just to get a cinnamon bun to work.
    The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
    Robert Jackson

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Yup I can. I used to be able to do it all the time but sometimes my hair is too silky and slips right out.

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I can do it, but it never stays up for more than 10 minutes! I would love to know how to do it so it stays for a long time.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

OK, here's mine. Mine's just like Aisha's, except that I don't leave a tail hanging out, I pull a loop through instead of a tail. And my ends have recently become long enough that I have to tuck them in somewhere to hide them.

It's not perfectly neat, and it won't hold up if I go jogging or something (heh, probably wouldn't even like a hike too much), but it's fine for around the house or going shopping or sitting in an office chair.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Supplier of Green Eggs Sam-I-Am's Avatar
    Length
    21"/I sat/onit!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Yep, I wear a swirly bun all the time without anything holding it. It's super handy.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/othergirl4christ/Hair/2007-10curlysmall.jpg

Length
    pixie/25"/32"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

nope, not long enough...... yet!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

No, my hair slides out of most things, even when it's pinned with a stick or two (or fork). I've tried pinless buns over and over again, but they don't stay in more than 10 minutes. I've got slippy-slidey hair.

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/56"/calf
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

YES!
    Here is a pony knot Video

And

A knot / pinless type Video

Both will stay for a while with no clips,pins or sticks! My hair is a bit longer now and I can still do both with no problem.
    I wear it to sleep sometimes or if my hair is in the way while cooking or cleaning and I don't want to bother to run and fix it.

Length
    12/46/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Well, sort of, so I voted "Yes, I can at the length I am at now". I can only get it to stay up for a little while, and only if it is a bit damp. Handy if I need it out of the way for a short time around the house. I'd never take a pic of it, though, it's usually messy and oddly shaped with little loops and whorls sticking out. And not in the pretty way.

Slow day: Didn't have much to do, so spent three hours on LHC. Busy day: Managed to work in three hours of LHC. Bad day: Barely squeezed in three hours on LHC.