Thread: Curlsmith products

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Curlsmith products

This is a quite expensive line, and I am not using solely Curlsmith products, but I have a few and I decided to start a thread.

I've liked the moisture leave-in spray from the orange line, and I just bought the Bond curl treatment and 3in1 multitasking conditioner from the purple line, which is good for adding protein. My hair is natural, porous and dry, and I was just loading on the moisture, but recently started noticing more and more split ends and breakage. I realised that the moisture-protein balance is probably way off for my hair type.

I have just used the treatment once, leaving it on in my damp hair for like 1 1/2 hours, then washing, conditioning normally with the 3in1 conditioner. I didn't use any leave in right away, but will use some of the moisture replenishing spray today I think. It is light enough (at least on my hair) that I can use it every day to refresh and soften my waves.

My initial reaction with the Bond curl is that my hair seems a bit shinier and stronger, somehow more substantial. It seems slightly less wavy.
    The treatment itself was runny enough to spread easily and even though the bottle is pretty small, I think I will get quite a few treatments put of it.

I will update here if I can see a change in the amount of splits and breakage and anything else. I have a feeling that will be the case!

Oh, and I have the orange line's conditioning wash. It works well enough, but I couldn't only use that or my hair would get limp and mushy, and I'm not sure how happy my scalp would be either. It is nice as a moisturising wash for when my hair is not really needing a wash but I've been sweating or something..

Length
    BSL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Curlsmith products

The conditioning wash is a great option for people that wanna try cowashing. I tried it as one of my first. I can’t remember why I stopped but I Think it was cause it wasn’t cleansing enough and causing too much buildup in one go.

I just checked the ingredients list and yep. It has guar and that builds up on my hair like crazy. I avoid it in my shampoos (and cowashes I guess) for that reason. Otherwise, I think it’s a great option if your hair is dry!
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL •WL​ • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Yeah, similar experience to what I had with the conditioning wash then!

I got my normal wave pattern back after using the moisture replenishing spray. Hair still seems stronger and shinier. I will have to be careful not to overdo the protein, however, as my hair need lots of moisture too.

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm definitely seeing less splits and breakage already! Very happy, and I expect the splits to become less over time. I wash my hair once a week at most, so I think I will be using the bond curl treatment maybe once a month or so.

I also bought a Shu Uemura hair oil, which was really expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and I like the way it makes my hair softer and it's not sticky at all like after using regular oils. This one has water soluble silicones and I remembered liking them at some point (before being scared of all silicones..) so I wanted to give this one a try. So far so good!

I will keep updating the progress with the condition of my hair, while I try to work out a good balance between moisture and protein.