Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bun Conditioner All Day

Length
    Pixie/30.75/34HL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

Default Bun Conditioner All Day

I've been putting the conditioner in the lengths of my hair, that fit in my bun, and leaving it in all day?

Does anyone else do this? What do you guys think about it?

Good or bad?

Default Re: Bun Conditioner All Day

I haven't let the conditioner sit in my hair the whole day, but 6 hours or so happens sometimes. I personally don't think it's bad, my hair will just be quite limp until the next showering.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've worn liberal amounts of conditioner in my hair before, braided, and then washed it out the next day. My hair didn't feel any different afterwards, so I'm going to vote neither good or bad.

Length
    3 "/30.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I've let conditioner sit in my hair for a few hours, but never worn it out in a bun.

Length
    14/21/50
    Type
    2c/F/ii

If I am putting my hair up for the day I like to smother it in watered down conditioner that has a strong scent to it so as it dries the hair takes up the shape of the bun and the pretty scent. When I take it down, its very strong.

If I want to increase the strengthening/conditioning properties I add vegetable glycerin, aloe vera and other oils to the distilled water and conditioner. Since its sitting on my head for a long time I use distilled water because I have no idea what could possibly be in tap water.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I sometimes use wash off conditioner as leave-in - many go very sticky as they partially dry, but nice and soft when fully dry assuming you don't slather it on.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I've never done it and bunned, but during a serious detangling after my hair had been in mini braids for three and a half weeks (and the roots had begun to dread together), I had to use conditioner to help. It took me about six hours of fingercombing with conditioner to get all the tangles out (that's without the time to take the braids out in the first place). The conditioner dried on my hair in places and even after washing, it was fairly limp. I don't think my hair's a fan of that much conditioner, but YMMV.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I use regular conditioner as a leave-in every time I CO-wash, which is at least five times a week.

My hair's never been happier.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    22/MidBk/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii

This is regular practice for me. I wear my hair in braids the majority of the time, or in up-dos, so the limp-looking factor does not apply. There are very light conditioners available, however I prefer a very light oiling, if I am going to wear my hair down, which is enough to keep the hair smooth and tangle-free, whilst locking in moisture, but not so much that my hair begins to look limp and greasy. I avoid oiling the scalp if the hair is going to be worn down.
    "If it does not inevitably impact the quality and happiness of your life, you should not let it, more power to you" - Z. Z. Regina

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My scalp is usually unhappy about me leaving a soggy bun against it. Personally, I'm not thrilled with the texture of my hair when it has dried-on conditioner in it, so I don't use it as a leave-in, but other people love it.

Give it a try, see what you think.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!