Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: toy storage...how do you?

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default toy storage...how do you?

I store my toys in a shoe box at the moment grouped together in Mei fa bags. All my mei fas in one bag, all the flexis in another and ficarres in another etc. and other toya are in pouches etc.

I need a new system that means I can get what I want quickly and that there is no risk of tarnish or damage to them. I am trying to decide what the best way to do this will be.
    I have thought about a crocheted hanger I like the idea of them being on display but worry about dust and extra tarnish to the bronze stuff. The other though was to get one of those mini chest of drawers and decorate it or something.

So how do you store yours? pros? cons?
    Photos would be cool. I would love some inspiration. (specially with new babies in the mail) TIA.

Length
    ??/38.9/39 in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I have claimed the largest part of the bathroom cabinet, so I have 3 shelves to put stuff on. Evil me
    • Brushes and combs are on shelf 1 (together with shea butter)
    • Forks are on shelf 2 (together with oils)
    • Clips and sticks are on shelf 3
    • Hair ties, pins, barrettes and tiny clips (the small items) are in a small wooden box with 3 compartiments, again on shelf 3

Pro: I know exactly where everything is and I can easily take whatever item I need.
    Con: My other bathroom-things (deodorant, shower gel, body mists, creams, body lotion, ...) are behind the hair stuff, so they are less easy to get to (at least, without knocking other bottles over)
    Last edited by Isilya; April 12th, 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Add more info

I have a hanging on the wall thingie. Layout has changed again (more sticks), but this is what it looks like:

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Mine are ehm, everywhere some are on the table, some are in a drawer, some are in my handbag, some are in a plastic bag somewhere, some are at my parents' house in a drawer, some are in the bathroom, some are in a hairtoy holder I knitted (I knitted it so I could put all my toys together but I don't like the way it looks, it got all stretched and weird-looking, maybe it was the kind of yarn I used. I might get some better wool and knit another one someday).

I more or less know where everything is, but I'm still looking for a good method to store everything together in one place . Also, where we're living now, I don't really have enough space to have a little "corner" for my hair stuff. I'm hoping when we move I can have a little area for just my hair accessories (it doesn't have to be big, I don't have that many, but just somewhere where they're not in the way and I can look at all of them and choose which one to wear). I might get some nice vases/glasses to put my sticks in etc.
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Back to my dark side trollkjerring's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/28/43
    Type
    1a/M/ii

All my hairtoys are stored in old wooden boxes in my exercise room (hubby calls it the hairtoy room). They all have their own place so I can always find them without looking for a long time.

I have a crocheted hairtoy holder (made by our Hedera) that I use to rotate the toys I use the most and I try to change the toys more often so they get more usage.

I have a few plastic boxes where I store my RonQuattro metal hairtoys but I don't like the practical look of these boxes

trollkjerring

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I have one big ceramic coffee cup for all my sticks, and a smaller cup for ficarres, forks and barrettes. Little things like clips and claws are scattered throughout several drawers in the bedroom and the bathroom. I don't have as many toys as some, but I do have a lot of sticks, and the coffee cup works nicely.

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I have my hairsticks in a pretty basket.
    My nice pins and clips are in a small jewlery box for hair toys only.
    Finally, my two ficcares are in a large coffee mug.

Now things like my scrunchies, elastics, and claw clips are in one of those small plastic containers with drawers. All handy for me to get into.

hth
    20.5 ~ BS ~ 30 *Natural Blond w/ High & Lowlights* Bangs/Long Layers* Cone and Non Cone Products
    Always trying new products & styles.

Length
    ?/35/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I have a short vase for my hairsticks. Everything else is safely stashed away in a large tackle box I bought just for storing hair stuff.
    Lady Tockene of the Motherboarde My Albums

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I don't have that many toys. But, here is how I store my hair supplies:

I got this box for Christmas. Before I was using an over-sized spacemaker. And it was stuffed to the brim!

I have one draw dedicated in bandanas and scrunches (and a few other odds and ends).

And the drawer under it is where I store my shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Length
    ??/38.9/39 in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

[mini-hijack]

AJoifulNoise: I'm impressed! It looks so nicely organised. You have some very pretty items as well.

[/ mini-hijack]