Thread: New member, hello everyone

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Post New member, hello everyone

Hi! I shaved my head bald last year and haven't cut it since. It is currently 4 inches long all around my head, of fine texture and average thickness. I shaved my head because I was unhappy and frustrated with my hair. The longest it's even been was "waist length", and I put that in quotations because the last 8 inches or so consisted of sad wisps, and I mean the hair was barely there. It looked terrible down, and my braids were the size of a pencil. No matter how I cut or trimmed, this always happened to my hair when it got long. I thought it was all genetics, until I realized my bad habits. Skipping conditioner, wrapping it in a towel, sleeping with damp hair, tight ponytails, poor nutrition.. I never used heat or dyes though. My hair was neglected, but it's not like I was frying it. I'm sure my habits still contributed some, but I'm still going into this with moderate expectations. I want to grow my hair back to waist length, taking proper care of it this time, and see if it makes a difference. I don't know if it can grow any longer, it never has, so waist is my goal for now. My changes are: Shampoo and conditioner every 3 days, smooth towel, oiling ends, drying fully before bed, and sleeping on a silk pillowcase. When it's longer, I'll keep it in protective styles. It will be a long process, and I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm determined to see the full potential of my hair whatever that is. Looking forward to participating in the community.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: New member, hello everyone

I wish you luck in your hair journey! Your hair sounds a bit like mine, and I've made it to waist and beyond.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Welcome! I hope you see a big difference now that you're implementing better habits for your hair while it's short. I think it will pay off
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi, nice to meet you! I think you'll see a big difference.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoon View Post
    Hi! I shaved my head bald last year and haven't cut it since. It is currently 4 inches long all around my head, of fine texture and average thickness. I shaved my head because I was unhappy and frustrated with my hair. The longest it's even been was "waist length", and I put that in quotations because the last 8 inches or so consisted of sad wisps, and I mean the hair was barely there. It looked terrible down, and my braids were the size of a pencil. No matter how I cut or trimmed, this always happened to my hair when it got long. I thought it was all genetics, until I realized my bad habits. Skipping conditioner, wrapping it in a towel, sleeping with damp hair, tight ponytails, poor nutrition.. I never used heat or dyes though. My hair was neglected, but it's not like I was frying it. I'm sure my habits still contributed some, but I'm still going into this with moderate expectations. I want to grow my hair back to waist length, taking proper care of it this time, and see if it makes a difference. I don't know if it can grow any longer, it never has, so waist is my goal for now. My changes are: Shampoo and conditioner every 3 days, smooth towel, oiling ends, drying fully before bed, and sleeping on a silk pillowcase. When it's longer, I'll keep it in protective styles. It will be a long process, and I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm determined to see the full potential of my hair whatever that is. Looking forward to participating in the community. geometry dash
    Hello, wish you always be confident with your hair

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Hello, good luck with your hair journey. Sounds like you have a good start now!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! It sounds like you're starting from a good place. Keep track of what does/doesn't work for you and you will prosper : )

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Hello and welcome,wishing you good luck on your journey, but it really sounds like you are on track.

hello and welcome nice to meet you here