Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else working on shoulder to APL right now?

Talking anyone else working on shoulder to APL right now?

I am a solid 16" working tward APL, and hoping to reach it by the end of this year. Just wondering if anyone else out there is at the same and we can grow together and share notes
    ♥Angie
    Last edited by redneckprincess; May 12th, 2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Length
    13/23/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: anyone else working on shoulder to APL right now?

I'm an inch or two away from APL. It's taken me sooo long to get here thanks to a stylist who was cutting off all my growth. I've been trying to grow out a chin length bob for almost two years now, sigh. So close to APL I can taste it!

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

You can do it! I was at shoulder in October, and just hit APL stretched. I can't wait for APL curly! For me the shoulder-to-APL part is the toughest part of growing. After that, it's all gravy!

thats so awesome. if we can just stay away from sissor happy people, lol

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Me!
    Do you think it will take to the end of the year before reaching APL?? I was thinking it would just take til' august or something.

I think after I have reached APL my hair would finally start to get enough weight and length to finally look good when worn down. Can't wait

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

no Im truly hoping to get there before my birthday in Oct. I only have about 3 or 4" to GROW to get there....

Length
    13/23/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    no Im truly hoping to get there before my birthday in Oct. I only have about 3 or 4" to GROW to get there....
    I think you can definitely make it! Seriously, stay away from sissors!

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I am at 17" in the back (nape), but I have a long neck and my sides are shorter and layered/texturized. My goal is to make it to APL by the end of the year. I am using Megatek + bhringraj oil every other day, plus trying to keep taking my hair vitamins and MSN. At least it helps me feel I'm doing something active to make my hair grow faster.

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Me,too. I didn't realize how close I am to APL, until I learned how to use the timer function on my camera this past week. I was taking all my pics by holding the camera at arm's length and twisting my head around so the camera was behind my head. However, the resulting views never showed my length accurately.

Finally, I pulled out the user manual and taught myself how to use the timer. It is so easy!! So, I took a pic with my bra showing and drew a line across the top of my armpit. creases in the back. I was happily surprised to see that my longest hairs in the back are very close to that line.

Yesterday at work, a friend said to me, "You're hair is really getting long!" I replied, "Yes, that's what happens when you leave the scissors alone.". She said, "Oh, so you're growing it out. It's gonna be so pretty!"

That was sort of a half-baked compliment, wasn't it? I would have liked to hear, "Oh, it's so pretty!" instead of, "...it's GONNA be so pretty."

I guess this is an awkward stage. I don't like the way it keeps getting inside my collars. I'm constantly flipping it out over the top of my collar all day long.

I know I could wear it up to avoid the collar interference. But, I like the way it feels down. I wore short hair for so many years and this is such a nice change.

If I had enough money, I'd get rid of every garment with a collar and buy all new collarless clothes. I don't foresee that happening, though, so I'm just hoping the longer it gets, the more the weight of it will keep it out of my collars.

Length
    waist/waist/tb
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I am. Last time I measured I was at 19 inches and I only have 1.5 inches to go.
    Lady Delgado of the Red Rose Tower in the Order of the Long Haired Knights