Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The claw clip appreciation thread!

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The claw clip appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyBird View Post
    Yay, a claw clip thread! I'm completely addicted to claw clips in all sizes these days, they're so pretty, and I love how well they hold my hair. I get most of my clips from ebay, because there are pretty much no fun-coloured clips around here, only black and brown.
    The moment I saw this thread I thought about you Maybe you could post a photo of your collection ? I would really LOVE to see !!!

As a teenager I was wearing claw clips to keep my hair out of the way. But at some point I just stopped. It is amazing to see how much claw clips have changed of the time! Going to invest in some that is for sure!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Oh! Claw clips!
    I own a bunch of them and use them frequently when I want to make sure my hair stays up or when I want it to be easy to take down. When I get the urge for a new toy, I sometimes treat myself with a claw clip instead, but only if I can find a pretty one. When I saw Kittybirds gorgeous floral ones, I went straight to ebay

BOB * SL * APL * BSL * WAIST *HIP * BCL * CLASSIC? *

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by StellaKatherine View Post
    The moment I saw this thread I thought about you Maybe you could post a photo of your collection ? I would really LOVE to see !!!

As a teenager I was wearing claw clips to keep my hair out of the way. But at some point I just stopped. It is amazing to see how much claw clips have changed of the time! Going to invest in some that is for sure!
    I'll try to get a picture, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. My collection is starting to get quite big now. Maybe clipping them on a towel and hanging it on the wall? I don't want to put them down on the floor, because the dogs would probably try to eat them
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Length
    Chin/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've been reaching for the claw clip more recently too, just so easy to get hair up and off your neck on hot sweaty days. Although I think I'm starting to outgrow the one I have, hitting the shops after work today to go browse!

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KittyBird View Post
    I'll try to get a picture, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. My collection is starting to get quite big now. Maybe clipping them on a towel and hanging it on the wall? I don't want to put them down on the floor, because the dogs would probably try to eat them
    I'll be waiting!

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by StellaKatherine View Post
    I'll be waiting!
    As will I!
    Growing to knee! At HIP currently

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Not the best pictures in the world, but here is my collection. It's not my full collection because I have some sets of clips that are almost identical, and I also have some pairs, and I just couldn't be bothered to hang them all up there. I think I have more than 50 clips now..
    by kittehbird

Close-up by kittehbird

Close-up by kittehbird

These weren't included in the group picture because they arrived today, and I didn't feel like taking them out of the packet just yet.
    Cute clippies by kittehbird
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I love your claw clip do's KittyBird! I have some teeny tiny claws I use when I twist my hair on the sides and then bun. The claws end up under the bun and hidden, so not a decorative claw style. (It does add bulk to a bun.) Must keep my eye out for claws in colors I enjoy so I can imitate you. *grin*

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    ../20/--
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Kitty your collection is awesome! Will you please post the EBay seller id's or links for your clips? I'm worried about the quality of some of these clips

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I appreciate claw clips in the abstract and If I could get an attractive, smooth, sturdy, all-metal one, I might appreciate them more in practice. I used claw clips off and on throughout my teen years, but they were pretty much "disposable" once they went onto my hair. My hair was always just a bit too thick or a bit too heavy I dunno, they always broke in my hair, or the clip got overwhelmed by my hair and would drop my hair and break, and then got tangled in my hair-- and that was never good. Some clips would survive months, most only weeks, one almost a year, but by that time they never had a full set of teeth and never held my hair well. Maybe if I had more body and texture they'd work better for me? Anyhow the clips here are lovely, keep th pics and stories rolling in, please!
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015