Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever found "The One"?

Default Ever found "The One"?

You know.

That one product/method/whatever that is worth its weight in gold to your hair?

I'm pretty sure I just found "the one" for me
    It's that butter bar for hair from CV,

But I wonder what y'all have found to work great on YOUR hair!!!

Default Re: Ever found "The One"?

Ed's acrylics The few I have so far are indispensable to me now.

And my Hercules Sägemann Magic Star. It's so huge I giggled when I opened the package after buying it but if you use it carefully it works fabulously for my type of hair (which is thick, wavy/curly and tangles easily).

As for holy grail products to wash and condition my hair, the search goes on and on. And on... Currently I'm trying different conditioner mixes, adding oil and herbs like cat nip to my conditioner. Haven't made an even close to the perfect concoction yet though.

Ed's acrylics The few I have so far are indispensable to me now.

And my Hercules Sägemann Magic Star. It's so huge I giggled when I opened the package after buying it but if you use it carefully it works fabulously for my type of hair (which is thick, wavy/curly and tangles easily).

As for holy grail products to wash and condition my hair, the search goes on and on. And on... Currently I'm trying different conditioner mixes, adding oil and herbs like cat nip to my conditioner. Haven't made an even close to the perfect concoction yet though.

Length
    Chin/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

There is this serum with argan oil and cones that is my absolute favorite and I will never stop using it. I change other products all the time, but this serum I'm keeping stocked. I've tried several other argan oil serums but this I like the most, it is very light and smells heavenly. I would probably keep it for the smell only, lol

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Mine is castor oil. I know its too heavy for most here, but it works great for my thick, hypercurly hair. I can mix in with my conditioner, use it to detangle, use it after washing my hair, and also for scalp massages and regrowing my hair line. Absolute miracle in a bottle
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey

Just oil in general. It helps with detangling. It makes my hair shine, and curly hair simply does not shine on it's own. I never would've thought to use any kind of oil before LHC.

Length
    sl/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Coconut oil. It makes my hair so much softer and shinier than anything else I've ever tried.
    Proud mama and fiancée
    Chin length

Not "the one", but "these ones". I don't use humectants, or leave-ins. I use cassia, high-core protein treatments and humectant-free conditioners. I use pre-oil, mostly coconut. These work for me.
    Lady Ithilwen of the Shimmering Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/Hip/???
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Sculpting spray for curly hair from Yves Rocher. I absolutely love what it does to my waves! Before I started using it, my hair barely had any definition at all.

Length
    Buzz/Waist/CL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My Artemis hair fork from Ravenslair. I use it ALL the time. It's comfortable, light, doesn't pull, hold very securely. I love it!!
    Hie thee to a forkery!
    Currently at waist.