Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair right along hairline on forehead taking forever?

Default hair right along hairline on forehead taking forever?

I had the most horrible haircut ever 6 months ago and have been growing my hair out,,,the front was cut way too short.

However, I am noticing very fine har on top of my forehead that just does not seem to be growing...it feels like it has a different texture...its kinda underneath my other hair

can anyone tell me whats going on why isnt it growing? is it normal?

Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: hair right along hairline on forehead taking forever?

Not all hair on the head grows at the same rate. The hairs right along the hairline are especially fragile so you need to take care to treat them gently (i.e. no heat styling/straightening/hot curlers, etc.).

I've noticed that my front hairline hairs never grow much and stay relatively short (under 3 inches).

Perhaps you might try gentle scalp massage to encourage more circulation to your scalp. Good luck!

Length
    Short/Clssc/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have short wispy hair all around my hairline. The terminal length ranges from about 1 inch to 5 inches or so. It never gets longer. The ones at my nape tend to make ringlets, especially if it is humid. The rest of my hair waves slightly.

It softens up-do's, which is nice when it is behaving instead of sticking out oddly!

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Lady Alassiel of Water and Wisdom in The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

It's normal, the front of my hair is finer and grows slower.
    Lady Alvarie of the Enchanted Comb in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14.5/21/26BSL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I have always had what I call "baby bangs" along my hairline. They don't get longer than about 2 inches. I don't know why they don't grow, and I always thought they looked funny, but they are under my growing-out bangs. I don't think I'll ever wear my hair all swept back because the baby bangs will be there...sometimes I wish they would get longer, but I think, now that I'm 43 and have had them as long as I can remember, that they probably won't. Oh, well.
    Curls and swirls, wavies and twirls,
    From bob length I’ll grow--look out below!
    ...if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her... (1 Corin. 11:15a)

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I had a really good hairdresser once, she said they are called baby hairs. Not everyone has them but they are more common on fine, lighter colour hair (apparently). They don't grow, but I think they are cute!

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

They're normal and I have them. All you can do is live with them.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I had a hairdresser once who also said they were called baby hairs (mine reach terminal at about 5 inches, or maybe they just grow out and get replaced by new baby ones. They're constantly there, at all events.) She told me that her daughter had gotten sick of them and shaved them off, and looked REALLLY odd until they grew back. I think your best bet is leave them where they are, they're better than the alternative.
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I have a LOT of these things, my hairdresser also said they are called baby hairs. They're a bit of a pain, but mine got easier to deal with as my hair got longer. They kind of hide underneath it now, for the most part. Stretching washes was also helpful, as mine are so fine they can actually float around when they have no natural oil on them

One time I got an updo and the stylist left them loose, then curled them when she was done. I had delicate little curls framing my face and around my head. They were so cute!

thanks for the feedback!

It just looks really weird when i pull back the front...theyre so short compared to the rest of my hair...ugh this is why I had long hair for ages...why did I get it cut (and terribly too) They drive me crazyyyy!