Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have your hair's needs changed with growth?

Default Have your hair's needs changed with growth?

Before I could use so many different natural products, but now when I've reached hip length, almost every other product but oils seems to make my hair sticky and prone to tangling. Now I'm afraid of trying anything but conditioners, oils and my good detangler.

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Have your hair's needs changed with growth?

It definitely have.
    For one, it seems my hair has gone "nope! I don't think so!" on using shampoo.
    Doesn't matter what brand I choose or that it's a lowpoo, my hair gets really weird (the texture) from it, so I've decided to switch back to the CO metod again.
    Also doesn't like to use hairspray.

Other than that, I haven't noticed much difference, but then again, I don't use much products in my hair other than detangling spray, misters and oils to begin with.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    BSL/BCL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Well, this isn't about products but I need to bun my hair way more now that it's longer, and for it to get longer I need to bun my hair, so it's a protective style downward spiral. (Growing hair we want to go downward hehe)

I also need to use more siliconey detangling leave-ins and conditioners and I think bond builders can be helpful even with uncoloured hair because there is uv damage accumulation towards the tips
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Good point about protective hairstyles, sarana.
    I had forgotten about those, but yes, that's something I need to do whenever I go outside. Especially at this time of the year.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Chin/TBL/FTL
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

Even though I have curly hair, at shorter lengths my hair cannot handle oil. But when it’s long it loves it. That are protective styling to keep it from getting in the way are the two big changes for me.

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I'm way more aware of when mine needs to be trimmed. I'm growing out bleach, so right now that's roughly every 4-5 weeks. Or maybe I'm just hyperfocused on the condition of my ends now that they almost cover my chest from the front.

I also find myself wanting to put my hair up more, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of updos even when I had tailbone length hair. I think it's having an office job -I'm worried about my hair getting caught behind me and getting mechanical damage from rubbing on my chair. My claw clip collection has increased dramatically
    long hair is self care
    Chin ♡ Collarbone ♡ APL ♡ BSL ♡ Mermaid ♡ Waist ♡ Hip ♡ TBL ♡

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Honestly, no. I'm a little surprised (and definitely pleased) but no

I have to use a bit more oils on the ends for my daily oiling and braiding is becoming more essential in keeping tangles to a minimum. Rather than being weary or anxious about further changes to my routine with longer hair, I feel excited to accommodate the new length.

Quote Originally Posted by gghh View Post
    I have to use a bit more oils on the ends for my daily oiling and braiding is becoming more essential in keeping tangles to a minimum. Rather than being weary or anxious about further changes to my routine with longer hair, I feel excited to accommodate the new length.
    Good point of view, thanks!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I've found that as my hair has gotten longer (I barely say LONG) I think I'm FINALLY at where I can say is my "goal" which was waist length when curly. BUT I don't like to wear it curly now... I do CGM, and I don't like to gel it. I feel like it is too much "gunk" in my hair it is fine and it tangles easy. TONS of SSKs when I wear it down I had to wear it up a LOT more, which meant more hair toys, and LOTS more oil on ends especially.

I'm now doing covering it more so I can pretend to have the hair I want LOL I LOVE it a lot though. Just seems like my hair has different needs than what *I* want it to have. I have fine hair though so it does get tons of splits. SO I'm hoping that my experiment in doing wraps gets me some more length. Now though if it doesn't.... EH I've found a way ><

But I hit a point where I got the length I wanted, but I didn't WANT to do the care it needed to have the curls too much work! At least if I wanted 2nd day curls, and I would rather adjust to the care it needs to be healthy and LONG. Then to basically always have the curly bun that I end up having to have it kept curly, if that makes sense? I finally got it to where I am HAPPY with it (mostly) I'd like my ends to thicken up a bit more. It just takes so much to protect it, and I've moved to that.