Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I really keep doing this? (pic included)

Length
    15/27/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Should I really keep doing this? (pic included)

I've been debating if I want to keep trying for waist or visit a salon and cut. So, I took a pic for the first time and am kind of horrified that this is what I've been walking around with. I knew it was frizzy, and I've been growing out layers and color for about 11 months now, but it really doesn't look good I don't think. Plus, what's up with being able to see my scalp?!

So, should I stick with growing it long? Or is my fine hair just going to get even worse as I go?

Length
    14/19.5/28
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Should I really keep doing this? (pic included)

i say stick with it, i think this is a case of your mind decieving you and making you think your hair is bad.

it really looks rahter nice. if you are concerned about frizz than you should experiment with diffrent oils and gels to see what works for you

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I don't think it looks frizzy at all. And the scalp thing, I even do that on occasion. There's this spot in the back of my head about 3 inches long that tends to not play well together. It's like a part, it's a cowlick.

I've noticed that my hair always looks frizzy and messy to me because I don't have beautiful, sleek, straight hair - so it bothers me, but only me.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

That amount of frizz might not be anything a little more moisture couldn't fix. I think it looks good. A lot of people have a tiny amount of showing scalp like that. Sometimes I do if I don't arrange it well in an updo or something.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/27/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Your probably right, it's all in my head. Maybe I should just cut off the layers? I suppose I should wait 2 weeks before doing that though, right? And look into fighting the frizziness....

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Your ends look very pretty and shiney, but what is most important is how you feel.

Wait at least a month or two before making a decision.

Length
    chin/bsl+/Butt

um, excuse me but I dont see any frizz!!! Your hair is perfectly fine!! I get the back part too sometimes, I think its definately normal for us with fine hair....

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Um, your hair looks great; no reason to cut! I am confused because my 'good' hair days are a lot worse than this 'bad' pic of yours!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

I would say keep on growing. Overall, your hair looks quite healthy and nice. You may have fine hair but you have a lot of it. It will be even more beautiful as it grows.

Most of us have some natural strange parting on the backs or tops of our heads somewhere, yours is the same. It just happened to separate for the photo. Now that you are aware that it's there, you can keep an eye on it while it dries and try to get it to fall differently. I've been fighting with a spot like that for years.

I would say, don't bleach, blowdry or otherwise treat it harshly. Keep the canopy moisturized and get microtrims along the way and your hair should grow out very healthy and pretty. You've got a great head start.

Length
    bsl+/hip/tb+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I get that part in the back too, so now worries there. I think you're hair looks really nice and I'm jealous of your shiny ends.