Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Split ends - cut off

Length
    16/22/32

Unhappy Split ends - cut off

Hi there!
    I'm new here and I have a question.

I suffer from split ends and extremly dry hair and now my mum insists that I have to cut if off så the hair feels and looks more fresh (now it feels, and looks, like a birds nest almost). Even though I don't want to cut it off, I know deep inside it's necessary and that my hair is going to feel much more better after that.

4-6 inches has to go, and it feels like I never gonna reach my goal. How can I stop the ends from splitting and moisturise my hair better? I think I'm pretty nice to my hair, I don't wash it much (and almost never with shampoo) and I never use blowdryers, hairspray and so on.

Just a notice: I can't buy any "only in England/America" products because I live in Sweden. Loréal, Matrix, Schwarzkopf and brands like that exists. I apologize if my english isn't so well.

Length
    16/22/32

Default Re: Split ends - cut off

Oh, and one more question. How can I found out wich hair type I got?

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

If you post a picture of your hair air dried - without combing it or anything, we can tell you your hairtype :-). If you don't already, try S&D. To do this you can sit in front of a window or where you can see your split ends and snip them off. Also, try a SMT. Snowy's Moisture Treatment

What is your current hair routine?
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.hen...toAlbum20.html

This Site has Photos of types of hair.

Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by Teacherbear; April 15th, 2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

As for your hair type, post a picture of your hair without any styling, product or touching. Then, we can determine it for you. Also, in the VIT (very important threads) page (top of the page), there's a site that gives you an idea of different hair types.

Do you put your hair up very often? A lot of people find that their hair splits less when they leave it up, saving it from mechanical damage. You can also try oiling your hair, or using a catnip rinse.

Your English is great, by the way.
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Try coating your length with conditioner, then washing only your scalp, rinse (the suds running through your length will clean it), condition again. I do this with diluted shampoo, and my ends (most of them) are still soft and in good condition.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I use tigi manic moisture and I swear my splits are less. I also wash with soapnuts so it might be that! either way id reccomend both!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    14/35/44
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Your English is wonderful, don't worry about that. Oil might be the solution, if your hair is really dry it might benefit from a deep oil treatment. Try only a small trim first, and see if that makes a difference. Good luck!
    Tailbone, with deliciously oily strands...hmm...I should probably take a picture with clean hair. At some point. Next stop, classic! And maybe some henna...

Type
    3a/M/ii

Also, if you sleep with your hair loose, that can cause damage. I put my hair in a Buff. They're made in Catalonia, so you should have no problem getting one.
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I agree with what everyone else has said, especially oiling the ends. That has helped me reduce tangles more than anything else. Also, do you ever wear a backpack? If you put it on over your hair, then pull your hair out so it's above the backpack, that can cause splits and breakage.