Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like to touch different textured hair?

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Do you like to touch different textured hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Aditi View Post
    You have never asked her why she does this? Maybe she thinks that "You can judge a man by his hair texture" (just a joke ok?)
    LOL!

I think it is because in my family we all admire beautiful hair and she was probably curious because said past boyfriends had very different hair from people in our family. When 2 years ago me and my partner went oversees and got to meet that aunt, I predicted she was going to do it again, and yes she did! But in this case I could understand, he got the nicest thickest hair and lots of people ask him.

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I do, but I would only do it if I knew the person well and made sure it was okay.

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Yes. I won't touch the hair of people I don't know, but my coworkers will periodically ask me something (how to do ___ to their hair, could I please ___ it, do they need a trim yet) and I do then, but I like feeling the difference as well. Appearances can be deceiving on hair types and condition sometimes!
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17/61.5/term.
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I'm usually only comfortable touching other people's hair if I know them really well.

You are in the presence of a hair toy enabler! Please use caution!

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Friends, yes, but not random people. I tend to be very physically close with my friends anyway, so stroking their hair or boinging their curls is no different from leaning on them or hugging them, to me at least. I wouldn't go up to someone I didn't know and ask to touch their hair, though. That's like seeing someone with nice skin and asking to stroke it, IMO. ETA: The people whose hair I touch without asking are the people whom I would touch without asking anyway, so I don't see it as any different.
    Last edited by florenonite; July 21st, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    bsl/waist/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I love playing with hair. I got together with some girlfriends I hadn't seen in awhile. We ended up sitting around and playing with each others hair. I gave them both crown braids. I wouldn't do that with someone I don't know, and I wouldn't appreciate anyone I don't know doing that to me.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Touching people's hair feels very intimate to me, much more so than any other "public" part of the body. I totally understand why it's not a public part of the body in some cultures!

I'm always interested in the differences when I do have the chance to touch, but I'd never ask a stranger.

Type
    2a/M/iii

No, cause I hate it when people touches mine. I had really boingy curls at a party some weeks ago and my gf's kept touching them, destroying my curls

But if it was someone close, and they didn't mind then I would
    Waiting for waist

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

No and really I am not curious. I know what it probably feels like because when I straighten mine it is like 1a and when it's natural it's like 3a or so and feels much different. I don't like it when most people touch mine either except my husband or son or someone I know VERY well. It mostly gives me the heebie jeebies.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

I have a high need for personal space, as do most of my friends, so touching someone else's hair would probably be awkward both for me and for the other person. The few people I know who are more touchy-feely happen to have hair similar to mine.
    But I love running my fingers through my own hair after taking out braids (even though that probably makes it go straight again sooner).